Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We are looking for a Deputy Partnerships Director to undertake a critical senior leadership role for Save the Children and support the Director of Partnerships and Philanthropy to ensure there is strong and consistent leadership and management across the department and that our performance monitoring and accountability systems are robust.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department exists to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Deputy Partnerships Director you will play a pivotal role in realising the ambitious aims of Save the Children through driving significant ongoing growth in both income, impact and influence with Save the Children UK’s corporate partners. You will be responsible for exceeding corporate fundraising income targets and work closely with the team to deliver our next shared value partnerships. In addition you will:
- Provide vision and strategic direction for the development of the account management team
- Work with other senior leaders to represent Save the Children externally to drive profile and networks with key organisations such as Business Fights Poverty, Business in the Community and Corporate Citizenship
- Work with the Partnerships and Philanthropy Director to provide support, input and guidance to the Corporate Engagement Centre in Singapore
- Deputise for the Partnerships and Philanthropy Director at relevant internally with senior stakeholders at Senior Leadership Team meetings, with the Chairman, CEOs and Board
- Support and work with the Head of New Business in securing new global partnerships and provide ad hoc support to key strategic new business opportunities as needed.
To be successful you will be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience and be an established leader with personal gravitas and the ability to work with senior executives. Influential, experienced and a team player, you will have a proven track record of leading seven figure partnerships/business in large complex organisation. In addition you will have:
- Experience of influencing and delivering results across a large, complex organization.
- A good understanding of commercial and financial principles with the ability to apply these to improve performance
- Experience managing and motivating a team in order to achieve departmental and individual goals and objectives
- The ability to network with, and influence, senior people both internally and externally in order to achieve a departmental and individual goals and objectives
- Demonstrable ability in generating new, sustainable revenue streams of significant size.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 23 January 2017