Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join us as Deputy Philanthropy Director leading on the development and delivery of a strategy to both grow existing relationships and build new ones whilst also strengthening SCUK’s broader reach and influence.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department exists to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Deputy Philanthropy Director you will work closely with the Partnerships & Philanthropy Director to ensure Save the Children UK remains at the forefront of philanthropy, through the quality of its proposition and the ability to engage a diverse range of donors in a meaningful way. Income from Philanthropists has already tripled since 2014 and you will be tasked with driving, leading and delivering the philanthropy strategy that will increase income to £100m by 2020. In addition you will:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the Philanthropy team, coaching and mentoring to build best in class capability and foster a high performing culture
- Maximise relationships with existing philanthropists, taking this to the next level in terms of co-creation opportunities
- Develop a targeted model to identify the next generation of philanthropists, ensuring SCUK is positioned as a partner of choice on key thematic children’s issues
- Play an integral role in delivery of the Partnerships & Philanthropy 2020 strategy, with accountability for the philanthropy target
- Lead the development of Save the Children’s global best practice major gift fundraising tools and training.
To be successful you will have significant experience gained at a senior level within a major gifts fundraising environment or with High Net-worth individuals or a high-level relationship management role in a sizable for profit environment. You will have a demonstrable track record in increasing income and be proven in developing innovative philanthropy strategies. In addition you will have:
- Experience of personally delivering to defined and challenging goals with experience of delivering against financial targets in excess of £10m annually
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with high levels of impact, charisma and sensitivity
- The ability to work collaboratively and influence effectively across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Experience of managing and developing high performing teams including recruitment, management, coaching and support staff
- Experience of managing and working with external advisers and boards to maximize relationship building with donors.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 23 January 2017