Supporter Care Officer
£25,000 per annum | 35 hours per week
- Are you a superb communicator and a great listener?
- Can you quickly build a rapport with people and develop relationships?
- Do you have experience of setting up and adhering to processes that enhance good supporter care?
If this sounds like you, the Supporter Care Officer role at Asthma UK could be what you’re looking for!
What the role involves
The Supporter Care Team is the ‘voice’ of Asthma UK and is the first point of contact for the majority of people who get in touch with the charity. We are a small team that works closely together and with other teams within the Fundraising department and wider organisation. You’ll be essential in building relationships with supporters and donors to maximise opportunities to raise funds for Asthma UK, and increasing awareness and usage of our services.
The role would suit you if…
…you enjoy working in a team and have experience of a busy supporter care or customer care environment. You are friendly and conscientious and recognise the importance of developing healthy working relationships with colleagues. This is a great role for someone who is seeking to develop a career in the charity sector and we are committed to the personal development of all staff.
You will need:
- Education to degree level, or equivalent experience
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel. Familiarity with Access would also be desirable
- A clear and engaging telephone manner and the ability to handle sometimes complex and difficult calls effectively
- The ability to write clearly using excellent grammar and spelling and varying the tone to suit the situation
- The ability to organise yourself and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines whilst maintaining a strong attention to detail
Come and make a difference
There is nothing as terrifying as the feeling of not being able to breathe or watching helplessly as a loved one struggles for breath. Although asthma affects 1 in 5 households in the UK it is, mistakenly, seen to be ‘sorted’. It’s not. In the UK today, every 10 seconds someone has a potentially fatal asthma attack. Every day the lives of three families are devastated by the death of a loved one to an asthma attack. Tragically, the majority of these could be prevented right now with the right basic care. Others still suffer with asthma so severe current treatments don’t work. This has to change. That’s why Asthma UK exists.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we are a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our recent staff survey reports that although we have a decidedly high performance culture, it’s probably the friendliest place most people have worked with great opportunities for development. So, if you have a talent and passion for service excellence and the ability to lead and inspire a motivated team, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Asthma UK website or click on the Apply link now!
Closing date for applications: 15 March 2017 at 9am.
First interviews to be held: week commencing 20 March 2017
Second stage interviews on: 27 March 2017.