Retrak is looking for a driven and ambitious Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser to work with the team to make a key contribution to the sustainability and growth of Retrak’s work globally with children on the streets.
Retrak is a UK based international charity (registered charity number 1122799) that has been working with children on the streets for over 20 years. Our vision is a world where no child is forced to live on the street. We work to transform highly vulnerable children’s lives; preserve families; empower communities and give them a platform for their voices to be heard. The position is based at the UK headquarters which has a small and supportive team of dynamic, creative and passionate staff who are committed to the children, families and communities we work with.
You will be a key player in a small but ambitious fundraising team who will work together to grow Retrak's income, establishing relationships with trusts and foundations and building strategic partnerships. Working alongside the head of department, this is an exciting position for an individual who is looking to work for a mid-sized charity where their contribution is recognised across the organisation.
- Identify and build relationships with trusts and foundations to secure funding for Retrak's work and projects and by doing so generate a year on year growth in income to support Retrak’s existing and new operations.
- Develop and lead the submission of high quality proposals, gathering and collating all information required to charitable trusts and foundations. This will include liaising with field based staff and partners in the development of funding proposals and budgets.
- Maintain relationships with existing trusts and foundations partners, including timely and quality reporting to trust and foundation donors. Also, ensure organisational awareness of contractual obligations relating to trust and foundation funding awards.
- Meet or exceed fundraising targets as set out in the organisational business plan and fundraising strategy.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of trends, legislation and Institute of Fundraising best practice guidance in relation to trust fundraising.
The Candidate will have:
- Experience of working as part of a fundraising team, working towards targets and submitting successful funding proposals.
- Experience of researching and identifying funding opportunities.
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with donors.
- Experience of successfully raising money from trusts & foundations.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail. A successful track-record of owning processes, meeting deadlines and managing a mixed workload.
- Experience of developing strong cases for support and writing successful bids/proposals.
- A positive can-do attitude that will enthuse prospective and current supporters and colleagues.
The position requires the upholding and promotion of Retrak’s values of boldness, excellence, innovation and respect. The applicant will be required to sign up and abide by Retrak's Child Protection Policy and obtain a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The normal working hours are 9am - 5pm with some flexibility. You will be expected to travel to field locations as and when required.
Please note that we will not be able to respond to unsuccessful applications. We apologise that we cannot contact everyone but thank you in advance for your interest.
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.