This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and effective fundraising professional to take on a challenging role - with room for creativity, leadership and professional growth. As part of the core communications team, and working in close collaboration with directors and programme heads, the Development Coordinator is the internal point person for fundraising and donor relations. The successful candidate will play a leading role in coordinating and implementing Global Canopy’s fundraising strategy. This includes maintaining and developing Global Canopy’s growing portfolio of unrestricted and restricted donors, implementing a new high-end ‘philanthropy circle’ among high net worth supporters, and reporting on performance against targets. S/he will be an excellent project manager and communicator. S/he will have mastered the fundamentals of fundraising in previous work and be ready to bring energy, structure and a collaborative spirit to this new role.
- Coordinate unrestricted fundraising
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan for unrestricted funds, maintaining and growing income from trusts and foundations, and tracking performance against targets.
- Ensure effective donor stewardship, reporting and communications, building strong relationships with existing donors as well as working to increase donor base.
- Work closely with other members of the team in developing core cost proposals and pitch materials.
- Coordinate new high-end philanthropy circle
- Develop and project manage execution of the philanthropy circle annual plan.
- Support donor stewardship and recruitment - outreach, communications, reporting, working closely with GCP ambassadors and directors.
- Organise events.
- Support programme heads and teams to successfully secure restricted project funding needed to deliver GCP’s strategy
- Support the maintenance of a healthy and balanced fundraising pipeline, scanning for suitable calls for proposals and other opportunities.
- Coordinate programmatic proposal development and submissions.
- Support teams to track performance against annual targets.
- Support teams in developing and updating fundraising strategies.
- Cross cutting fundraising support
- Lead on the development and use of Global Canopy’s CRM system, including links with the accounting systems, to ensure it meets fundraising and grant management needs, liaising across the organisation.
- Develop and communicate clear internal fundraising processes that guide efforts and ensure coordination across different teams.
- Support with other aspects of development and communications as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent.
- Proven track record of excellence (at least 3 years relevant work experience) within a fundraising or philanthropy team, or corporate equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in relationship management, including initiating and deepening donor relationships.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing fundraising planning and processes, experience in managing CRM systems desirable.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.