Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Raising philanthropic funds in support of the University’s strategic aims and priorities and building momentum and capacity to achieve a step change in activities in advance of the anticipated campaign launch in 2021 are the over-riding objectives of these posts. The post-holder will be responsible for raising major gifts (5, 6 and 7+ figure sums) from a range of sources including charitable trusts and foundations, alumni and other key individuals as well as companies. The post-holders will be responsible for developing and managing prospect pools; developing relationships with senior level academics in order to build a fundraising pipeline; developing innovative and compelling cases for support in order to attract income from a range of sources as well as cultivate high level donors, solicit gifts and help to steward relationships thereafter.
The role will be aligned with the School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society (EGIS), one of the UK's leading institutions for multidisciplinary research and teaching in areas critical to economic development and societal equity. Raising funds to support the school’s activities and projects will be a key focus, however the post-holder will be involved in various fundraising projects across the University as needed and in accordance with the Development and Alumni team’s strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop innovative and compelling cases for support, proposals and applications in order to solicit gifts of £25k+ from individuals, companies and trusts and foundations
- To develop innovative approaches to engaging potential donors in University activities
- To manage a prospect pool and proactively develop relationships from cultivation through to ask and stewardship
- To lead and negotiate major gifts (£25k+) in support of the University’s strategy and key priorities and activities and meet overall fundraising targets
- To contribute to the overall team targets (currently, £2m-£3m per annum) and activities of the fundraising function
- To work closely with senior level academics coaching and engaging them in the Development process
- To secure new business and manage high quality relationships and stewardship activities to encourage donors to give, and give again
- To develop a fundraising pipeline working closely with academic schools
Key outputs and outcomes – first year
- To achieve individual fundraising targets and contribute to overall team targets
- To have a fully developed and exploited prospect pool, clearly demonstrating moves management form initial cultivation through to ‘ask’
- To develop and prioritise a range of fundraising propositions by working closely with academics/schools
- To have significant added value in relation to intelligence around our database and prospect pools
- To achieve softer performance targets such as number of prospect meetings secured; number of proposal submitted; number of cultivation events held, all of which will clearly demonstrate progress in meeting financial and non-financial targets
- To work closely with our Stewardship Officer to ensure that donors are looked after and stewarded appropriately
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.