Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Magpas, a pioneering Air Ambulance Charity, is seeking a Director of Fundraising to lead its established fundraising team, someone who has the ability to develop and implement our existing fundraising strategy, achieve current income targets of £4.8m per annum, manage fundraising activity within budget and support the charity in delivering its 5-year business strategy.
Role Title: Director of Fundraising
Salary: £53,000 - £55,000 per annum
Contract: Full time/Permanent
Location: Centenary House, Huntingdon
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
About the role:
- You will develop and secure income streams against agreed targets within events fundraising, corporates, trust & legacy, lottery, high value donors and retail activities
- Support the CEO in planning, leading and managing the implementation of development activities
- Develop and implement a fundraising communications strategy and plan
- Increase the profile and reputation of the charity
- Contribute as a member of the Executive Leadership team to the ongoing success of Magpas
- Develop relationships with stakeholders and donor constituencies, identify appropriate ambassadors/celebrities
- Ownership of the Customer Relationship Management strategy and systems
- Lead and manage the fundraising department
You will be commercially astute and have a proven track record of fundraising from a breadth of income streams including regular and relationship based giving and demonstrating a creative approach to developing funding sources. You will be an influential communicator with strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and engage at all levels. You will have a major role in shaping how we talk and think about ourselves in order to reach new supporters.
- You will have significant experience and proven track record working in strategic fundraising roles
- Success at creating and managing income generation projects and campaigns
- Communication experience
- Educated to degree level
- Highly motivated by success and commercially astute
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Able to think creatively and deliver pragmatic solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of presentations and public speaking
- A strong and persuasive negotiator and networker with high end relationship management skills
- Resilient and supportive of others
- Management and leadership skills
As a member of the Executive Leadership team, you will share the common objective of positively changing people’s lives, you will enjoy an enthusiastic working environment and will know you are truly making a difference.
Closing date: 3pm, Tuesday 6 June 2017
Interview date: Friday 16th June 2017
If this opportunity interests you, please send a supporting statement with your CV telling us about your experience and why you think you meet the role requirements.
We request no contact from agencies or media sales.