Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Director of Support and Local Networks
35 hours per week
£80,000 per annum
Parkinson's UK drives better care, treatments and quality of life. Together we can bring forward the day when no one fears Parkinson's – and this role is key to our success.
We are looking to recruit a Director of Support and Local Networks to lead the strategic development and operational delivery of the charity’s services for people affected by Parkinson’s. You’ll ensure this is delivered coherently, consistently and in a scalable way across the UK.
You’ll be leading a fantastic team of 250 staff and 2,500 volunteers, based across all four corners of the UK. Together, you’ll be developing and delivering a range of activities and programmes all aimed at empowering people living with Parkinson’s to live life to the full.
This is an exciting time to be joining the charity. We’re midway through our strategy and are transforming how the charity works at a local level. We’re looking for a leader who can make a difference, makes things happen and demonstrate an immediate positive impact on the lives of people with Parkinson’s.
We need a leader who can inspire and motivate and fuel passion for change. The skills, knowledge and experience required to fulfil and deliver within this role are:
- experience working at a senior level in a similar capacity, with demonstrable knowledge and understanding of developing organisation and team strategies, operational plans and associated budgets
- significant successful experience of working with volunteers and dispersed groups, at a senior level
- successful experience of managing staff teams at a senior level, in a geographically diverse organisation, with particular experience of managing change and performance
- experience of working within a health and social care setting
- experience of working positively and productively with boards of trustees
- understanding of the role of Designated Protection Officer
To apply, please click on the Apply on Website button.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday, 5th June 2017
Preliminary interviews will be held w/c 5th and 12th June
Panel interviews will be held on Tuesday, 27th June
Parkinson’s UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from disabled persons, including those with Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s UK is the operating name of the Parkinson’s disease Society of the United Kingdom. A charity registered in England and Wales (258197) and in Scotland (SC037554).