Cash for Kids aims to make a difference to the lives of children who are going through a tough time. Whether they’re living in poverty, are subject to neglect or abuse, living with a serious illness or disability or their circumstances mean they aren’t able to reach their full potential; Cash for Kids supports families, community groups and local charities which help these children live life to the full. All the money raised stays within the local area in which it is raised, helping children in the local community.
Cash for Kids charities operate in 22 areas across England, Scotland & Northern Ireland. In 2016 Cash for Kids raised £21.8million and helped over 560,000 children.
Last November Cash for Kids launched in the East Midlands with the radio station Gem; this was followed up earlier this year with the launch of Cash for Kids in the West Midlands at Free Radio.
We've only just started on our journey in the Midlands and are looking for someone to join our team & help take us to the next level.
Reporting to the Regional Charity Manager you'll be working at the Free Radio studios in Birmingham, but your work will extend across both of our Midlands charities.
You'll be an ambitious self-starter with excellent communication & presentation skills combined with an obsessive attention to detail.
You’ll have proven experience in corporate fundraising or sales within the West Midlands, with an excellent contact book, as a key objective of this role is to recruit businesses to adopt Cash for Kids as their chosen charity.
You must be prepared to get your hands dirty. We’re new charities with big ambitions and challenging resource levels, so you must be able to constantly multi-task and be prepared that this isn’t a 9-5 Monday – Friday job.
A clean UK driving licence is essential and must be proved.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Assisting the Regional Charity Manager with the day to day running of the charity, involving administrative and financial tasks including:- money counting, banking procedures, recording all money transactions, chasing payments and outstanding monies from events.
- Develop sustainable partnerships with local businesses, schools and individuals.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of major on-air campaigns and events.
- Be responsible for your own set of KPI’s and delivering challenging financial targets.
- Research, identify and develop new fundraising opportunities and areas of potential support with new corporate partners whilst maintaining relationships with current supporters.
- Be able to work flexibly evenings and weekends when required.
- Work with key stakeholders at Free Radio & Gem to ensure the charity remains an integral part of the wider business.
- Keeping abreast of developments in administrative and financial systems and procedures.
- Attendance at events and overall event administration including preparation of collection envelopes, gift aid forms, auction & raffle prizes.
- Monitor & identify opportunities for PR for the charity.
- Assist with grant applications procedures, including liaising with Local Executive Boards when established.
- Recruit, and maintain a volunteer base.
- Liaising with fundraisers, beneficiaries and radio teams to ensure smooth running of all fundraising activities.
- Maximise fundraising potential of all events and activities.
- Ensure all funds and expenditure are properly accounted for and accurately recorded.
- Update the charity website & assist with social media marketing as required.
- Undertaking other duties that might be assigned from time to time.
High Level Objective
Deliver agreed business plan targets.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal & written.
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, with a hands-on approach and great work ethic.
- Proven track record in a sales/corporate fundraising environment, with an excellent contacts base in the West Midlands.
- Organisational skills and ability to collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Be able to prioritise work effectively with maximum impact on cash growth.
- Be responsible for achieving agreed fundraising targets.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative.
- Have flexibility to work evenings/weekends when required.
- Be a holder of a current, full clean UK driving licence.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook & presentation systems.
- Have a solid knowledge of all modern social media networking tools and able to use them effectively.
- Be a team player- to develop a good working relationship with the wider radio station teams and national charity team.
- Experience of either charity fundraising, events, or marketing/PR is advantageous.
- Presentation and sales skills are essential.
- Have a passion and vision to develop this role.
Have a good personality, confidence and sense of humour.
Specialised Skills & Knowledge
- Marketing/sales/skills/fundraising and or event management.
- Demonstrate a proven track record and experience of building, developing and managing key relationships.
- Good network of contacts within the West Midlands.
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.