Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We're looking for a Senior Development Manager to lead the planning, development and delivery of fundraising projects across the University, including oversight of existing and new major gift donors. This will include a portfolio of 45 - 70 relationships which the successful candidate will be expected to manage with good judgement and thoughtfulness.
The successful candidate will be the lead authority on our most influential alumni and their involvement with the University. They will also be at the forefront of the Alumni and Development team’s commitment to embed a culture of philanthropy across London South Bank University. The team has just undergone a re-structure and this is one of several new posts, so it's an exciting time to join and help build something special.
The main responsibilities of the job are:
- Manage a range of fundraising projects across the University and solicit gifts (£10k - £250k) against an individual target of £1M in 2019-20.
- Ensure clear targets are in place for all cultivation plans and major gift pledges, monitoring and evaluating performance on a regular basis in line with relevant KPIs.
- Lead on understanding the University’s different donor groups and interpret findings to inform the fundraising strategy.
- Approach new prospective major donors identified by the Alumni and Development team and the Corporate Affairs team.
- Prepare and present highly professional donor proposals and fundraising applications, seeking input and feedback from the Research Manager and key stakeholders across the University.
- Work with colleagues across the University to deliver new and existing fundraising projects, identifying innovative ways to capitalise on fundraising opportunities.
- Advise colleagues on their role in developing the donor relationship, providing training and development in the culture, practices and techniques of successful fundraising where necessary.
- Use awareness and judgement to spot opportunities to build corporate or trusts and foundations relationships during conversations with individuals.
- Work with the Alumni Senior Officer (Volunteering and Individual Giving) to ensure effective relationship management for donors who support Scholarships, Prizes and the Annual Fund.
- Work with the Database and Compliance Manager to ensure that prospect data and information is up-to-date on the University’s database, The Raiser’s Edge and compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Fundraiser’s Code of Practice.
- Lead on the analysis of the University’s regular fundraising reports and the annual Ross Case Survey results, identifying areas the University can improve upon and using these to inform the Fundraising Strategy.
- Deputise for the Head of Alumni and Development on fundraising matters at internal and external meetings.
- Stay at the forefront of philanthropy and development across the higher education sector.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.