Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Community Fundraising Officer Ref 7725
Sue Ryder Nettlebed Hospice
£17,000 - £19,000 per annum plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 per week
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is starting a career in Community Fundraising and would like to be part of a dynamic team, where they will develop skills and knowledge in the delivery of supporter led fundraising. We are looking for an enthusiastic, team player who is keen to support the Hospice Fundraising team, as well as delivering their own agreed income target.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a customer care environment
- An excellent networker, capable of developing relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- A very strong performance ethic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
- Ability to engender a pro-active team culture
- Ability to put the supporter at the centre of everything we do, providing them with the best possible experience
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life-limiting changing diagnosis. It's not just expert medical care we provide. It's the emotional support and practical things we take care of too.
Nettlebed is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in Oxfordshire. We are here for people aged 18 and over who are living with progressive, life limiting conditions such cancer, heart failure and neurological disease. We offer a huge range of support, from inpatient care in our 12 bed hospice and day hospice services, to a 7-day community nursing service, helping people stay at home and providing respite to carers. Our expert care team includes doctors, nurses, care assistants, physiotherapist, occupational and complementary therapists, social worker, bereavement support workers and volunteer befrienders.
Location: Nettlebed Hospice, Henley-on-Thames RG9 5DF
For further information, please contact Tracey Hancock, Head of Hospice Fundraising.
* 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays * Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday * Private Pension matched at either 3% or 5% * Auto enrolment pension scheme * Enhanced Maternity benefits * Refer a friend scheme * 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work and personal matters * PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of £350 * Staff discount of 15% on new goods at our online shop * Childcare Vouchers * Cycle to work scheme * Free parking onsite * Subsidised meals * Development opportunities for all * Free tea and coffee *
Post subject to DBS check.
Closing date: 3 October 2017