Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We are looking for a creative and experienced individual to join us as Programme and Proposal Development Manager, overseeing the development of new programmes and writing of high quality, bespoke concept notes and proposals for corporate partners.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Global Programmes department delivers development and humanitarian programmes and builds partnerships with corporations, philanthropists, foundations, and institutional donors to drive lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Programme and Proposal Development Manager you will directly contribute to developing innovative, sector leading programmes with corporate partners for our development and humanitarian work. You will project manage the opportunity development process to ensure we are designing programmes that truly leverage the unique assets and capabilities of the private sector to create transformational change for children that we cannot do on our own. You will:
- Lead on developing high quality, bespoke ideas, concept notes and proposals for corporate partners
- Manage virtual “Programme Teams” to ensure programme development achieves the ambition of the partnership, Save the Children UK and the Save the Children’s Country Office
- Build strong relationships and work in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders
- Support the development of transformational partnerships, leveraging core business assets and expertise to design programmes achieving greater impact for children
You will have passion to work for Save the Children and a commitment to develop high quality, well designed partnership proposals, whilst building excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders. With a keen eye for detail, demonstrable technical knowledge and unrivalled problem solving and decision making skills, you will have:
- A proven track record in developing and writing successful, high-value proposals, ideally over one million pounds
- Experience working with corporate partners and a deep understanding of corporate engagement with society, including shared value creation and corporate social responsibility
- Outstanding project management and coordination skills, including an ability to manage high workloads
- A good understanding of international development programmes, including their design and delivery
- High levels of numeracy and previous budget preparation experience
- Confident IT skills to enable the production of visually appealing and professional Word and Excel documents.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 15th October 2017