Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Animal Aid Job Vacancy: Head of Fundraising
We have a rare and exciting opportunity to lead Animal Aid’s fundraising team. The role will involve developing, overseeing and evaluating our fundraising strategy – ensuring that our vital work for animals has the support it needs to continue.
The role will include:
- Managing our Supporter Engagement and Fundraising & Legacy Officers
- Overseeing and helping to implement the following programmes (the level of day-to-day involvement in these will be dependent on the successful candidate’s specialisms):
- Major donor giving
- Regular giving
- Club draw programme
- Digital fundraising
- Sponsored events
- Ensuring that fundraising targets are met and that timetables remain on-track
- Introducing fresh ideas to contribute to further strategy development
- Constantly evaluating the success of our various fundraising initiatives
- Overseeing the production of appeals and other fundraising materials
- Engaging with supporters and responding to queries
- Writing copy for our quarterly magazine and e-newsletters
The successful candidate will require the following qualities and experience:
- A proven track record of running a successful fundraising department.
- Experience of running successful major donor giving programmes.
- Good knowledge of digital fundraising.
- Experience of developing and strengthening individual giving, membership and lottery programmes.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Strong writing skills – able to produce compelling copy within tight deadlines.
- Excellent staff management skills. Approachable, friendly and keen to promote professional development.
- A natural team player – happy to step in and support colleagues wherever it’s needed.
- Creative and keen to trial new ideas.
- Polite, helpful and enjoys engaging with supporters.
- Passionate about supporting Animal Aid’s work and furthering the cause of animal rights.
The position can be either full time or four days per week.