Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Noah's Ark Children's Hospice is a community based hospice service providing support for children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families in North and Central London and Hertsmere. Our mission is to provide care and support for children and young people from birth who have a life-limiting or life-threatening condition, as well as ensuring that families are able to live life as fully as possible whilst their child is still alive and go on to face the future with hope after bereavement.
Summary of the Role
The Community and Events Assistant will work as part of the Income Generation Team undertaking a donor relationship role and assisting the Community and Events team. This is a predominantly reactive role: overseeing income targets from community groups, thanking supporters for their donations and responding to requests from donors. The role will also include general fundraising activities, including donor research. It will require strong administration, organisation and communication skills and the key elements of the role are:
- To assist the Community and Events team with their fundraising activities.
- To help grow unrestricted income from individuals and community groups.
- To establish, develop and maintain sustainable relationships with donors in order to maximise income. This includes overseeing charity collections.
- To work with volunteers to ensure events are efficiently supported.
- To assist the Community and Events team with their fundraising activities including organisation and preparation of events
- To attend community activities and give assistance at fundraising events.
- To raise income within agreed targets ensuring an acceptable ROI is maintained highlighting any variances against personal and team targets
- To provide high quality, timely, engaging and bespoke ‘thank yous’ (telephone calls, cards, and letters) to individuals and community groups.
- Responsible for tracking fundraising materials and stock levels
- Responsible for organising charity collections and effective tracking of collection boxes including ensuring income is received and collection box returned
- To accurately record all data relating to community fundraising on fundraising database (DonorFlex) and provide timely reports as directed by the Senior Community Engagement Manager
- In association with the Human Resources Team to liaise and manager volunteer attending fundraising events
- Act as the main liaison and main good communication with external organisations and volunteers
In addition the Community Fundraising Assistant will be expected:
- To work within legal and charity guidelines
- To manage and work within Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice fundraising administrative and IT systems and guidelines
- To represent Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice as required
- To undertake training and skills development and keep up to date with the changing requirements of the role
- To undertake other duties as may be required
- To cover the office between the hours of 9am and 5.30pm
- To work some weekend and evenings (time off in lieu will be given)
- The post will involve travel around the boroughs (Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey, Islington and Hertsmere district)
- This role will involve flexible working hours to include some evening and weekend work – time off in lieu will be given in these instances