At Blind Veterans UK, we believe that no one who has served our country should have to battle blindness alone. We offer blind veterans access to the highest quality of services to help them discover life beyond sight loss.
We have an interesting opportunity for a resourceful and enthusiastic individual who has substantial experience in working in a customer focused environment. Ideally with experience of working within the charity sector.
Working as part of the Customer Care team, this role is key to ensuring the charity’s communication with supporters and the public, by mail, email, social and telephone, is of the highest quality and that related information is processed effectively. The role is varied as you would be the first port of call for supporters and enquirers across all channels and as a result of a diverse range of activities and promotions.
The post holder will:
- Use good interpersonal and communication skills on a regular basis to influence decision making by others, this will include colleagues across the organisation, partners, supporters and potential supporters.
- Work with Senior Staff, internal and external stakeholders, including the charity’s partners.
- Have experience of maintaining databases, as you will be required to enter records accurately onto the customer relationship database (Raisers Edge) and to maintain a high level of accuracy in all management information.
- Work as part of a team that champions an excellent customer experience.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of donations and data, complying with General Data Protection compliance and charity law.
In return we offer competitive conditions of service and a conducive environment to excel and develop.
To apply, please send your up to date CV and Supporting Statement of not more than 500 words via the link below outlining how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the person specification.
Closing Date: 24 April 2018 at 23:59hrs
Interview date: Week commencing 30 April 2018
Please note only applicants who submit a CV with a supporting statement will be considered.
Should we receive a high volume of interest, we may close applications for this vacancy before the deadline so you are advised to express your interest as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of enquiries and applications we receive for our vacancies we don't acknowledge each one - if you haven't heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that we won't be inviting you for an interview. You are, of course, welcome to try again if a suitable post comes up. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates not shortlisted for interview.
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.