Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We're a small, rapidly growing charity dedicated to challenging injustice and inequality. We do this by running highly effective training programmes for people who want to run powerful campaigns.
Over the last few years we've done a good job raising funds from foundations including The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, The Omidyar Network, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Children's Investment Fund Foundation, Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, The Network for Social Change, Trust for London, The Roddick Foundation and many more.
However, we have a problem, our services are very popular, we now see up to 7 applicants for every training place we have available. To meet that demand we're looking to grow our foundation and crowdfunding efforts, so we can train even more people.
If you join us you'll be a key part of our growth plan, working with all team members to make sure that we are attracting appropriate funding. You won't be starting from scratch, we are in a strong position with a good Salesforce database (covering both fundraising and evaluation data) and a healthy funding pipeline.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Managing day-to-day relations with a set of current and prospective foundation donors.
- Lead our work researching and cultivating new foundations then working towards putting applications in to them.
- Preparing funding proposals, donor reports, donor updates and other related outreach material as needed, in close cooperation with the finance and training delivery teams.
- Managing our new public donation programme, making the most of our growing supporter and alumni base.
- Providing strategic advice to the Executive Director and Trustees with respect to short and long-term fundraising strategies.
- Implementing and, where needed, updating our fundraising strategy and help to achieve the goals set out in our organisational strategy.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, Trustees and programme teams, setting fundraising targets and producing periodic funding forecasts.
- Reviewing grant agreements and monitoring the organisation’s delivers on contractual commitments.
- Managing and further develop the relevant administrative infrastructure, including our grant tracking and reporting systems in Salesforce.
To succeed in the role you’ll have some of the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years working in fundraising with experience creating new donor partnerships
- Awareness of how systemic injustice operates in our society (things like economic inequality, racism and heterosexism). We are looking for someone who is excited to be part of team that is exploring how best to confront those issues both in the workplace and in the wider society.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Financial literacy and a proven ability to understand budgets.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, including a systematic approach to maintaining donor tracking systems.
- Ability/willingness to travel to staff retreats and for donor visits.
Key role details:
We're a flexible and supportive employer, the terms of your employment would be:
- Starting: June-July 2018
- Contract type: Fixed term, 12 months.
- Days per week: 3-5 days a week, with flexibility around part-time working if required.
- Location: based in our East London office, with some home working welcomed,
- Pay: £30,480-37,960, depending on experience (inclusive of London weighting)
- Reporting to: Executive Director
- We have generous holiday allowances and will contribute to your pension.
- Application deadline: 9am 21st May
We'd love to receive your application. If you have any questions do get in touch by emailing johnny [at] campaignbootcamp [dot] org. If not please submit your CV below!