Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We are looking for Development Director to join our team at Withington Girls' School The role is from 30 hours a week, typically over 4 days a week, all year round. Opportunity for the role to be full-time if desired.
Anticipated Start Date: 1st September 2018
Withington Girls’ School, based in South Manchester, is a leading independent day school for girls aged 7 to 18 in which some of the best academic results in the country are achieved within a lively, happy and caring environment. Pupils come from a wide geographical area in and around Manchester and from many different social, cultural and religious backgrounds which is a defining feature of the school. The bursary programme currently enables one-in-six pupils to benefit from means-tested financial support
We are seeking to appoint an experienced specialist to develop and implement strategies to raise money for the bursary fund and other priority projects; and to continue to develop and strengthen alumnae relations.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• The opportunity to continue to develop and map out the Development Strategy for the school
• The chance to lead and provide dedicated management to an existing team
• The opportunity to join our outstanding school where public examination results consistently place Withington amongst the top twenty schools in the UK and as a leading Independent School in the North West
• To enable more bright girls from financially disadvantaged backgrounds to benefit from an education at Withington through raising additional funds for the bursary programme
• Colleagues eager to share passion and enthusiasm for their subject and where the relationship between pupils and staff is a particular strength of the school
• A warm and friendly school where staff are respected
• Fantastic opportunities to get involved in the life of the School, with excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings.
• Opportunity to develop yourself and your team, through continued professional development.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
• A capable and highly enthusiastic individual with excellent knowledge and a passion for major gift fundraising and experience of managing and motivating a volunteer board
• As an ambassador for the school, the talent, interpersonal skills necessary to drive, lead and contribute to the shared success of the team
• To provide strategic planning and leadership to the Development team, together with the talent, enthusiasm and vision necessary to continue to develop and evolve the department
• Ability to work flexibly in a very dynamic environment where hours worked are dictated by operational needs and occasionally include some evening and weekend work
• A demonstrable interest in independent education and widening access to education programmes is also vital.
Further details of the role and application process can be obtained from the School’s WGS website,
Closing date: 26th May 2018
Date of Interviews: To be confirmed
Withington Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.