Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
The Development Team is primarily responsible for fundraising for the annual revenue needs of the Museum’s programme of activities, beyond what is already generated by our commercial enterprises (Admissions, Museum Shop, Corporate Hires). The funding relationships with our major stakeholders, Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) and Royal Mail (RM) and Post Office Ltd (POL) are also managed by the team.
After the successful completion of a multimillion pound capital campaign, we are now moving toward a full revenue fundraising model and are seeking a Development Officer to play a key role within the fundraising team. We are looking at launching a new General Membership offering, and the post-holder will be expected to play a key role in the development, launch and management of the scheme, as well as leading on key Development events, and our CRM systems.
Your role will be to:
- play a key role in the ongoing development and implementation of our fundraising events strategy
- help plan and launch a General Membership offering in the summer of 2018, and manage the scheme on an ongoing basis
- lead on our Sponsor a Sleeper campaign
- support the Development team in researching and approaching prospects, as appropriate
- manage the Development team’s Salesforce CRM system and ensure that we are GDPR compliant
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ fundraising experience in a non-profit or arts/heritage environment
- Experience of developing and delivering successful Membership schemes
- Experience of delivering events and managing projects
- Demonstrable track record in delivering on fundraising targets and objectives
- Experience of using Customer Relationship Management software, such as Salesforce
- Experience of compiling data and statistics for documents and reports
- Highly skilled writing ability
- Excellent face-to-face communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of GDPR
- Knowledge of Gift Aid and tax incentives
- Flexible, positive attitude and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong team player who is adaptable and open and takes a sensitive approach to the needs of relationships (both internal and external)
- Consistent high level of donor care and responsiveness
- Strong attention to detail across all areas of work
Please apply with CV and covering letter.
Application deadline: 28 May 2018, 9am
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.