St Leonards School in St Andrews, Fife, is seeking an enthusiastic Alumni Relations Officer to join its Support team. Reporting to the School’s Development and Alumni Relations Manager, you will be a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with exceptional organisational, time management and customer service skills. This is an ambassadorial role whereby the successful candidate will interact with former pupils and their families to include organising events, producing newsletters and other communications and conducting tours of the School.
The role of Alumni Relations Officer sits within the Development & Alumni Relations department. The Alumni Relations Officer is the main point of contact for a wide variety of communications with former students of St Leonards (known as ‘Seniors’). The ideal candidate will thrive in a busy environment and will be used to balancing competing demands and delivering results under pressure. The successful candidate should have exceptional customer service skills, the ability to write engaging content for both online and offline audiences, and have a positive attitude to work.
The Alumni Relations Officer will be responsible for maintaining the database of former pupils (Raisers Edge), and for the recording of financial transactions for example gifts and donations, and organising payments for events from alumni. The role-holder will also be responsible for planning and managing a series of engaging events for former pupils, which will involve working occasional weekends and evenings.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Communicate with former pupils in the UK and internationally, over the phone, by email and letter regarding any queries which they may have, visiting former pupils, and conducting tours of school for former pupils and friends of St Leonards.
- Manage all aspects of school reunions which are held at St Leonards annually, in June each year.
- Act as Ambassador for St Leonards School, handling all enquiries in a professional manner
- Assist the Development and Alumni Relations Manager with developing a work experience and mentoring scheme for former pupils of St Leonards.
- Develop strong relations with St Leonards Sixth Form students who will become the next generation of St Leonards Seniors through participation in and organisation of events.
- Maintaining and updating the alumni database, Raisers Edge, with responsibility for the accurate entry of donor and constituent information, running of reports, entry of financial gifts and any other related tasks.
- Provide all data required for fundraising campaigns.
- Manage the yearly migration of time sensitive data, including the conversion of final year students and their parents onto Raisers Edge.
- Provide regular reports taken from the database, and any data necessary as requested by the Development & Alumni Relations Manager.
- Gather stories for, write, and organise the distribution of the annual former pupils’ magazine, monthly e-newsletters and articles with support from the Development and Alumni Relations Manager.
- Plan and execute a social media strategy, including monitoring the social media channels of the department, as agreed with the Development and Alumni Relations Manager.
- Ensure all communications are branded and formatted consistently and appropriately according to school guidelines.
- With support from the Development and Alumni Relations Manager, plan, coordinate and manage all content on the Alumni and Development sections of the website, ensuring it is accurate, appealing and informative as possible, and produce regular website updates with news items, photographs and event information.
- Co-ordinate and monitor a new careers networking platform, ‘St Leonards Global Connect.’
- Coordinate, create and manage a diary of engaging and appealing social and networking events for St Leonards’ alumni with the aim of building strong relationships with the school.
- Manage all aspects of the annual school reunion, other reunions, and tours of school by former pupils and their families
- Manage all aspects of events, including promotion of the events, bookings, and financial records.
- Assist the Development & Alumni Relations Manager with all aspects of fundraising appeals and campaigns where required and undertake any other duties as required by the Development Manager to contribute to the department’s work and to the whole school development plan.
In addition, the post-holder will also be able to work cross-functionally to support the Admissions and PR and Marketing Departments depending on School priorities, if required.
We can offer:
A competitive package, including a generous pension scheme, 38 days’ annual leave, school fee discounts and death-in service cover.
Working within a team of highly supportive colleagues;
An opportunity to work for an exceptional School committed to doing the best for its pupils.
Applications should be made by no later than the closing date and should take the form of completed application, available from the School’s website, along with a covering letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.