Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Support for Greenpeace UK is growing fast. We are looking for people who want to bring their experience and energy to help us do even more to tackle the planet’s biggest environmental issues. To maintain our independence and enable us to campaign where needed we never accept corporate or government donations, and instead rely wholly on donations from our individual supporters.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for an energetic, self-motivated and flexible Direct Marketing Executive (Telephone Fundraising) to join Greenpeace, the world's most iconic and determined campaigning organisation.
Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organisation that acts to transform industry and governments, in order to protect our planet and promote peace.
We couldn't do what we do without our dedicated and generous donors. As part of a big push to reshape and grow our Fundraising Department and increase support for our causes, we are looking for a self-assured, analytical Direct Marketing Executive. You'll join the Supporter Recruitment Team, where you'll help bring in those much needed supporters.
In return we can offer you a friendly, fast-paced, immensely rewarding working environment where creativity is encouraged, ideas are supported and there's ample opportunity for personal development. In this role you'll ensure our growth targets are met by maximising supporter recruitment opportunities through a range of channels, taking responsibility for specific marketing campaigns and focusing on lead generation and conversion. There is also potential for the right candidate to develop into a Senior Direct Marketing Executive role, with corresponding increases in both responsibility and salary, over time.
Reporting to the Supporter Recruitment Manager, you will also:
- Monitor the performance of supporter recruitment activity on a daily basis, feeding back on key KPIs and results in the weekly team meeting and providing data for the monthly report.
- Reforecast and deliver end of year projections on a quarterly basis.
- Help ensure that the welcome process is appropriate to each supporter, improving individual journeys.
- Contribute to our campaigning by representing Fundraising on at least one major campaign team.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Greenpeace supporter database, email platforms and CMSs.
The successful candidate will be an adaptable, target-driven individual who's hugely enthused about our values and aims, is adept at utilising a range of channels, and has some experience using direct / digital marketing techniques. They will boast excellent communication, numerical and people skills and will bring an upbeat, can-do attitude to their work.
In addition, they will have:
- Experience of sourcing, briefing and managing external agencies (with an emphasis on telephone fundraising), suppliers, print and fulfilment houses.
- An understanding of the principles of marketing and enthusiasm for fundraising (with a key focus on lead generation and telephone fundraising)
- A background in working with data teams on selection criteria, briefing and analysis reports.
- Experience of evaluating product / fundraising performance, and of working to budgets and monitoring costs.
- A flair for communicating directly with supporters through various channels.
- A background producing precise and accurate briefs and reports, and in evaluating and amending direct marketing copy and creative / design work.
- Excellent IT skills, alongside the ability to keep accurate records and maintain systems.
Further information can be found in the full job pack.
For further information about this role and how to apply please visit our website.
You must be able to demonstrate that you are eligible to work in the UK
Greenpeace is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or any other category protected by law.
CLOSING DATE: 9am on Friday, 7th September 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: Wednesday, 19th September 2018
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.