As Sporting Events Officer, you will play a significant part in contributing to a high-performing team working to recruit supporters to fundraise for Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK) across a variety of UK sporting events such as the London Marathon, Ride London and the Great North Run. You will drive the continued growth of the charity’s sporting event fundraising income and manage our third-party sporting events portfolio, with excellent organisation and planning skills.
Main tasks of the role:
- Support the Sporting Events Manager (SEM)/ Senior Sporting Events & Partnerships Manager (SSEPM) in delivering the Sporting Events strategy for ARUK to increase income within this stream
- Successful account management of third party event organisers and suppliers
- Collaborate within the charity to maximise fundraising opportunities, marketing, supporter engagement, and communication channels.
- Effective data management, including of the team’s budget and financial reporting.
- Provide excellent customer service to existing fundraising supporters to acknowledge support and increase long-term loyalty
What we’re looking for:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Relationship/Account Management experience, ideally in sporting events
- Ability to manager a busy and varied work load, willingness to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Experience of fundraising
- Experience of developing strategy and managing budgets
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience working in digital and with online communities
- Full driving license with access to own car
There is a possibility that the position will allow some homeworking.
For more details please download the job description. Closing date for applications is the 29th August 2018, with interviews being held on the 6th September 2018. Please advise us in your cover letter if you are unable to interview on this date.
To apply, please visit our website for more information.