Working as part of Consortium’s Engagement Team, the successful candidate will provide training, support and resources to Consortium’s Membership of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Voluntary & Community Groups on a wide range of topics to improve Members’ funding knowledge, skills and activities.
Alongside this direct engagement work with Members, the role will help develop Consortium’s wider LGBT Funding support and development work through our Big Lottery Fund and Esmée Fairbairn project.
This role would suit an experienced fundraiser looking to share their skills and knowledge with the LGBT Sector.
LGBT Consortium hosts the largest network of LGBT groups, projects and organisations in the UK and offer Members a range of support so that they can deliver vital support and services to nearly 5 million LGBT people, their friends and families.
2018/19 is a year of growth and development at LGBT Consortium and it’s an exciting time to join our small but growing team. For the right candidate there is a real opportunity to have an impact on the work we do.
- Direct engagement work with Members to support them to improve their fundraising skills and diversify their income streams
- Identify, develop and deliver physical and online training sessions around wide range of fundraising issues
- Develop resources and tools for Members around fundraising and income generation
- Build awareness with a range of stakeholders of our developing LGBT funding platform and secure buy-in from Members
- Work closely with Consortium’s CEO and consultant on an LGBT Funding Development Plan
- Explore the development of an LGBT Funders Forum
- Facilitate meetings of our developing LGBT Funding Advisory Committe
- Work as part of the Engagement Team to develop and implement our wider Engagement Plan
- To lead on creating content and maintaining all relevant parts of the website
- Maintain accurate records of work with Consortium’s Membership
- To be able to work effectively and efficiently in an unsupervised environment
- Regularly communicate with the LGBT Consortium Engagement Manager and CEO
- To act at all times in the best interest of Consortium and its Membership
- To prepare for and attend regular supervision sessions, conducted by the Membership and Engagement Manager
- Undertake appropriate administrative tasks as become relevant, including monitoring requirements for the funder
- To carry out other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required
- Experience of fundraising, and/or experience of supporting voluntary and community organisations to develop fundraising skills
- Knowledge of diverse income sources
- Experience of creating and delivering high quality training sessions and learning materials for a range of learning styles and levels
- Experience of creating online learning tools and resources
- Ability to effectively facilitate and chair meetings
- Demonstrable knowledge LGB & Trans issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work well as part of a small team
- Ability to travel, with access to mainline rail links
- Ability to be self-motivated and to take initiative
- Ability to undertake a varied workload
- Experience of providing direct support to voluntary and community organisations
- A good understanding of cross-cutting and intersecting issues for LGB & Trans communities
- Experience of working within the LGB&T voluntary sector
- Experience of working with grant-making organisations
- Experience of working with corporate organisations
- Experience of working with volunteers
These skills and competencies will be tested in the application process and subsequently within the interview process.
Deadline for applications is 17:30 Wednesday 5th September. Please provide both your CV and a Covering Letter explaining how you meet the requirements set out in the person specification.
Interviews will be held in central London on Monday 10th September. Dependent on location, we may conduct interviews via video conference.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.