Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: Happy to negotiate between 25 – 37 hours.
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000pa full-time dependent on experience.
Location: Blackpool or home-based with a commitment to 2-days a week minimum in the office.
The Boathouse Youth is seeking an experienced Fundraising Manager with emphasis on Grants & Trusts to lead and manage the generation of income to continue, expand and develop its universal and targeted services to hundreds of children and young people across Blackpool and the Fylde Coast.
Provision includes 20 weekly evening and weekend sessions, residential opportunities such as Canal Boating and Camping, school holiday provision, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and more.
The Fundraising Manager will have responsibility to build on grant income streams to meet annual targets and achieve a step-change in income over the next 3-years. There will also be requirement for multi-source income generation including major donor development, private sector investment and supporting fundraising events. The post-holder will predominately work independently but in conjunction with the charity’s Chief Executive and Finance & Strategy Committee.
The resultant effect of this unique opportunity will be that The Boathouse Youth is able to secure its financial outlook for future generations of young people.
With substantial fundraising experience:
- A commitment to working in the voluntary sector and to contribute to the work of The BHY.
- Evidence of submitting successful bids to major funders such as The Big Lottery Fund, BBC Children in Need, Comic Relief and charitable trusts/foundations.
- Evidence of having developed a significant pipeline of applications.
- Demonstrate experience of managing and developing a trusts fund programme.
- Proficiency in producing accessible, high quality writing for an external audience.
- The ability to write quickly, persuasively, creatively an accurately in a range of styles.
- Fast, sharp thinker able to tie ideas and concepts together quickly and develop new work.
- Good research and information retrieval skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure on a consistent basis.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills with an engaging telephone manner.
- Excellent Word, Excel and IT Skills. Knowledge of Fundraising Databases would be desirable.
- Ability to self-motivate, using initiative but also to work as an active member of a team.
- Commitment to keeping up to date with issues concerning the charity sector.
- Determination to be successful in achieving objectives.
Closing date for Applications: 7th November, 23:30
To apply: Please submit a CV together with a covering letter clearly evidencing how you fulfil the requirements of the role by email.
SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT: The Boathouse Youth is committed to the safeguarding of Young People. Our recruitment processes are in line with NSPCC guidance on ‘Safer Recruitment’ including the scrutiny of previous employment dates, verification of references and an Enhanced DBS Clearance.