Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Save the Children is currently recruiting a Partnerships Manager (permanent) to support the management of our largest and most strategic corporate partner – GSK. This role will be instrumental in delivering a multi-layered, high value and innovative long term strategic partnership with GSK. The position will have a budget responsibility of £1 million per year, and will be joining a team responsible for managing key initiatives including multi-million pound child health programmes, emergency response programming and technical areas including R&D and supply chain management.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share
Corporate Partnerships are a key funding stream for Save the Children, growing by 640% over the last four years. A strategic focus on ‘Shared Value’ partnerships is transforming the value chain, while pushing the boundaries across the whole sector.
We believe this approach will be vital as companies move away from traditional forms of giving, such as Charity of the Year relationships, towards more mutually beneficial partnerships which meet their needs for business relevance, engaging customers, inspiring staff and assisting the delivery of their business ethics and CSR targets.
As a Partnerships Manager you will be responsible for managing and delivering key partnership activities and programmes, working closely with the Senior Partnerships Manager and the wider team to deliver partnership ambitions. You will achieve and exceed corporate fundraising income targets whilst devising and implementing creative strategies to secure partnership growth for the future. You will:
- Act as the day to day manager and central point of contact for key partnership work streams, ensuring the strategy is fully implemented and partnerships are well serviced
- Build and develop relationships with key partnership stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Prepare presentations, proposals, plans and reports as necessary
- Effectively solve problems and manage risk to ensure achievement of targets
- Promote Save the Children events and campaigns, maximising income potential from all opportunities
- Ensure that we are maximizing all opportunities and that the value of partnerships in helping Save the Children achieve its core objectives are fully realised.
To be successful as a Partnerships Manager you will have proven experience of managing large global partnerships, donors or projects. You will also have:
- Excellent communication skills, combined with strong organisational and relationship building skills
- Experience of working on multi-faceted global partnerships or projects
- Marketing and fundraising experience
- Good planning and prioritisation skills to manage a varied and pressurised workload while focusing on the "big picture"
- Diplomatic and persuasive, able to build objective lines of argument/rationales for action and present viewpoints assertively
- Proven track record of delivering creative solutions to overcome obstacles and enhance results.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: midnight 28th October 2018
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. And interviews may commence prior to the advert closing date.