Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Fundraising Manager (Individual Giving)
Our client is an international humanitarian organisation specialising in tackling hunger with the most vulnerable people in the world’s poorest places. Hunger affects everything for the world’s poorest people. They believe that no one should have to live with hunger and the damage it causes. They combine their expertise with local knowledge to help individuals and communities develop their own lasting solutions to tackle hunger. Through advocacy and campaigning, they work to influence local, national and international policy. In tackling hunger, they help people transform their lives.
Position: Individual Giving Manager
Location: London, UK
Job type: Full Time, 12 month Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £43,310 to £47,869 per annum
Closing Date: 31 October 2018
About the role:
Individual donors are a vital source of income for our client, accounting for c. 75% of their voluntary income. The Individual Giving Manager will lead the development and implementation of their individual giving strategy, including the planning and delivery of their donor recruitment, donor retention and legacy giving programmes, to deliver high quality donor experience and sustained income growth. You will be responsible for an income target of £4.9 million and an expenditure budget of £1.7 million (Financial year: 2018).
- Lead the growth of individual giving programme and income
- Lead the development of programmes that maximise donor experience and loyalty
- Manage and lead the Individual Giving Team
- Maximise emergency response fundraising capability
- Five years’ experience of individual giving fundraising
- In depth knowledge of UK individual giving fundraising techniques, including donor recruitment, welcome and development strategies
- Minimum of 2 years formal line management experience
- Strong direct marketing skills, including demonstrable experience of digital fundraising techniques and strategies
- Proven experience in developing strategy, operational plans and complex budgets
- Experience of using lifetime value and return on investment analysis to inform strategy development
- Experience of appointing, managing and reviewing external suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Excellent knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment
- Experience of managing donor / customer relationships
- Highly numerate and detail-focussed
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel and Word
- Analytical skills and experience of using a fundraising database for direct marketing
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Availability to travel to the UK offices in Belfast & to Dublin
- 2 years’ experience working for an International development / emergency response organisation is desirable
- Degree or equivalent qualification (i.e. marketing qualification) would be desirable
You may have experience of the following: Fundraising Manager, Individual Giving Manager, Donor Management, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Business Development, Senior Fundraising Officer, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, Marketing Manager, Marketing Co-ordinator, Direct Marketing, etc.