Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Based in any UK Office (Manchester, Glasgow, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Cardiff) with frequent travel within the UK
Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Join us as UK Regional Funding Officer and you will work with the wider UK Programmes Team to contribute to our income targets and long-term sustainability of our work supporting children across the UK.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. In the UK we want to ensure that every child gets the best start in life. Our 2018-21 UK strategy is focussed on narrowing the gap in early learning between children from low-income backgrounds and their better off peers. We work across homes, nurseries, schools, and communities to provide children the support they need in their early years to succeed in life later. We learn about what works through the work that we do, partners we work alongside, and the children and families that we work with, to help make lasting changes in practice and policy across the UK.
As Regional Funding Officer you will help to identify and access funding opportunities in each of the four nations. You will have specific focus on developing our funding approach within the contexts of the devolved nations and support our approach in England. You will also work directly with programme development specialist to support the design, ongoing development, and improvement of our work for children, by supporting them to think about sustainability and funding approaches in the development of programmes. In addition you will:
- Conduct research and scope the market of institutional, trusts and foundations opportunities, along with other potential new sources of funding within each of the four nations of the UK
- Maintain and develop relationships with relevant donors, ensuring quality stewardship and day-to-day account management
- Improve knowledge management and information sharing within the UK Programme Funding Team helping us to work more efficiently and collaboratively.
To be successful you will have experience working with at least one of the following: major donors, corporates, trusts, statutory funders or mass market, with a good understanding of what motivates these donors. Drive and resilient, you will have the ability to understand financial information and produce budgets. Strong relationship-building and verbal communication skills are also essential. In addition you will have:
- The ability to assess complex information and present it in a coherent and clear way to drive decision-making
- Fundraising experience and demonstrable success in raising funds from trusts and foundations, institutions and governments
- A proven track record of producing high quality written materials or writing successful fundraising proposals or reports
- Confident IT skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.