Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub
£22,000 - £25,000pa plus competitive benefits and reward packages
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Community Fundraiser looking to use their skills and knowledge to join our team at this exciting time as we expand our services into the South Oxfordshire region. If you are target driven, a confident communicator and have experience in the third sector then this could be your opportunity to join a vibrant fundraising team.
Nettlebed Hospice is currently expanding, helping Sue Ryder realise their vision of ‘More care for more people’. We deliver high quality, compassionate care to patients, their families and friends, across South Oxfordshire and South Buckinghamshire. This is an exceptionally exciting time to be joining the team as we are growing services, which will increase patient choice. The Palliative Care Hub which serves South Oxfordshire, incorporates a referral and advice line, a CNS service and a Hospice at Home Service.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic Community Fundraiser who has experience of developing strong relationships whilst working towards the achievement of targets.
The role is field based covering our South Oxfordshire Hospice Services therefore you'll ideally be based in South Oxfordshire or very close by.
• To manage delivery of annually agreed income across local hospice income streams; to achieve targets and sustainable growth
• Develop and build strong community relationships in South Oxfordshire as the new service develops
• Responsible for individual income and expenditure targets, and contribute to team reforecasting
• Contribute to the development of the fundraising team plan and develop an individual plan to facilitate the implementation of the new hospice service fundraising strategy
• Highlight risks to income and develop opportunities and implement contingency plans where appropriate to ensure any fundraising gaps are filled
• Identify legacy leads and to make the ask when appropriate
• Drive the growth of In Memory fundraising
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with the following skills and experience:
• Proven fundraising experience and expertise in community and other areas of fundraising e.g. in-memory giving, volunteer management
• A track record of achieving fundraising growth and delivering income
• Experience of recruiting, supporting and motivating third-party fundraisers to achieve fundraising targets
• Experience of the, management of volunteers and scope of volunteer support for achieving income and expenditure targets
• Substantial experience of forming, nurturing and maintaining relationships within local communities including individuals, groups and associations to deliver growth in income
• An excellent networker, capable of developing relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• A very strong performance ethic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
• Ability to engender a pro-active team culture
Sue Ryder provides hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life-changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to be a safety net for our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives. We see the person, not the condition.
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more. Please visit our careers page for the full list