Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Then join us as UK Proposal Development Manager, working with income generating teams to contribute to our income targets and long-term sustainability of our work supporting children across the UK.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. In the UK we want to ensure that every child gets the best start in life. Our 2018-21 UK strategy is focussed on narrowing the gap in early learning between children from low-income backgrounds and their better off peers. We work across homes, nurseries, schools, and communities to provide children the support they need in their early years to succeed in life later. We learn about what works through the work that we do, partners we work alongside, and the children and families that we work with, to help make lasting changes in practice and policy across the UK.
As UK Proposal Development Manager you will play a key role within the UK Programme Funding Team and be responsible for designing, writing and editing exceptional proposals, concept notes, pitches and other donor-facing products.You will also work directly with programme development specialists to support the design, ongoing development, and improvement of our work for children, by supporting them to think about sustainability and funding approaches in the development of programmes. In addition you will:
- Work closely in partnership with programme development teams and country teams to shape the design and development of the projects and programmes requiring funding
- Develop, write and edit funding proposals, concept notes, pitches and other products, with a focus on proposals for top prospects (£100,000+)
- Work directly with country teams and the Programme Development and Quality team to identify gaps in information for proposals
- Be the first point of contact for Philanthropy and Partnerships teams and other fundraising teams, building strong relationships, as the ‘go to’ for UK programmatic information.
To be successful you will have experience working with at least one of the following: major donors, corporates, trusts, statutory funders or mass market, with a good understanding of what motivates these donors. Driven and resilient, you should have exceptional writing skills and a proven track record of producing high quality written materials or writing successful fundraising proposals or reports. In addition you will have:
- Experience of high-value proposition development and proposal writing for at least one of the following: trusts and foundations, institutional/government funding, corporate, or major donors
- The ability to understand financial information and produce budgets
- Experience of working in programming or service design, or a strong interest in developing skills in this area
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Confident IT skills, specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 18th November 2018