Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Project Officer - Community Engagement (18 Month FTC)
Office Based (supporting work in Peterborough, Nottingham and Newcastle)
The National Literacy Trust is a national charity dedicated to raising literacy levels in the UK. We run projects in the poorest communities, campaign to make literacy a priority for politicians and parents, and support schools. Our mission is to give young people the literacy skills they need to get a job and lead a successful life.
We’re currently working with the Department for Education to deliver a behaviour change programme which uses businesses and volunteers to engage with parents to improve home learning environments. Operating within seven focus areas around the country, we aim to enhance learning outside of school environments.
We are seeking a Project Officer to support our Home Learning Environment programme in Peterborough, Nottingham and Newcastle for an 18 month fixed term contract.
- Salary of £25,000 per annum
- Travel expenses paid
- Flexible location, including the possibility of home working
- Pension scheme
- Make a real difference with an ambitious, forward-thinking charity
- 28 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays and a Christmas closure
If you are an ambitious charity or volunteering professional looking to develop your career, do more and help in further ways, this is the ideal role in which to consolidate your skills and experience and push yourself forward on your career path.
You’ll be part of a high-profile and innovative programme to improve early speech, language and communication for families living in areas of disadvantage.
So, if you are ready to make a difference to the next generation, ready to build an excellence career path and ready to do something incredible for children and families, this is the role for you.
As a Project Officer, you will be tasked with supporting our Home Learning Environment programme in three out of seven geographical areas.
Specifically, you will organise events supported by volunteers, recruiting and training at least 60 volunteers per area. You will design and deliver public events which provide parents and families with information and support to strengthen literacy in the home.
Our goal is to reach 2,100 families across seven areas with 300 families reached, engaged with and supported in each area through a programme of three key events per area.
Your role will also include:
- Helping create supporting materials which form the cornerstone of the programme
- Working with locally based staff to ensure events complement existing activities
- Identifying opportunities to recruit volunteers
- Providing training for volunteers
- Creating cases studies that support the programme
- Supporting robust knowledge of parents within each area
- Completing project administration activities
To be considered as a Project Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working with volunteers and charities
- Experience of working with families of young children
- Proven experience of following detailed project plans
- A track record of dealing with the procurement of goods and supplies
Experience of handling sensitive and/or confidential information would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Project Officer, Programme Officer, Education Project Officer, Volunteer Officer, Charity Officer, Early Years Learning Officer, or Early Years Project Officer.
The National Literacy Trust is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, ethnicity or religion.
So, if you are ready to support literacy within the home as a Project Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.