Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Innovative, strategic thinker, able to drive change & take risks, whose experience & passion will fit with our creative human rights work.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser:
- who is an innovative strategic thinker with a can-do mentality, able to drive change as well as respond to opportunities
- able to analyse the fundraising opportunities available to Amos, identify suitable approaches and develop realistic and successful plans for their implementation
- able to work flexibly through a broad portfolio of fundraising styles, but with a focus on developing our major donor base and establishing new fundraising networks
- excited by the areas of work that Amos focuses on
- confident fundraising through events and excited by the opportunities available in digital fundraising
- able to champion fundraising in the team, with our board and our supporters
- values-led and inspired by the ethos and values that underpin Amos
S/he will need to be:
- experienced in a number of different fundraising areas and ideally in fundraising for international development / advocacy/ human rights
- experienced in developing, implementing and monitoring a fundraising strategy, which will include work with either major donors, trusts and foundations, public audiences or corporate donors
- a strong, assertive communicator with good written communication skills and proven influencing skills
- a team player who is also happy to work under their own initiative
- in agreement with Amos’ commitment to promote diversity and proactively address discrimination
S/he will join a staff team of 9 (7fte). S/he will oversee our highly experienced half time Community Engagement Coordinator and work closely with the Director (who will be the line Manager), Communications Lead, Operations Manager, On Her terms lead and Administrator.
We seek to introduce our team to our partner projects so that they can gain first hand experience of the issues they/we are seeking to address.
This is a full time post based in London. Amos seeks to be a flexible employer and there will be the opportunity to combine time in the office with home working.
The specific areas of responsibility listed below will, in part, be shaped around the successful candidate’s areas of expertise.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work with Director, trustees and team to identify how Amos develops its fundraising and where we should be focusing our resources.
- Feed into and help shape Amos’ future direction.
- Develop Amos’ case for support and that of our partners.
Major Donors and events
- Develop opportunities for high net worth individuals to support or to increase their support for Amos Trust.
- Develop long term relationships with donors and use the Director and Trustees to further these, and with the Community Engagement Coordinator identify the most appropriate person to provide support to individual donors and private foundations.
- Develop annual and one-off fundraising events for our higher net worth supporters.
- Work with the Community Engagement Coordinator to develop new community fundraising events and opportunities for our supporters to meet our partners.
Trusts and Foundations
- Research and identify new Trusts and Foundations.
- Maintain relations with and increase support from current and past funders.
- Work with On Her Terms lead and Director to apply to trusts for partner projects and for Amos’ activities.
- Maintain register of Trusts and a spread-sheet forecasting likely income.
- Report to Trusts and Foundations – work with Director and On Her Terms lead to ensure that reporting requirements are met.
- Take advantage of our location in the City to develop links with businesses and individuals in order to secure financial and in-kind support
- Work with the Director and Trustees to increase contact and support base.
- Seek appropriate corporate sponsorship opportunities for Amos and our partners – current corporate supporters are Ottolenghi.
Digital and appeals
- Work with Communications Lead to create new digital fundraising opportunities and to maximise the effectiveness of storytelling through our digital platforms.
- Work with Community Engagement Coordinator to develop appeals and to produce copy for these.
- Ensure that we make the best use of our appeals and communications to recruit new individual donors.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Support the work of the Community Engagement Coordinator as she undertakes her role, specifically in:
- Developing Amos’ Activism through fundraising events, e.g. Bethlehem Marathon
- Developing support from Churches and other groups
- Developing support from those who have been involved in Amos Trips
- Leading on Amos’ annual Christmas appeal / carol service tour, and the Greenbelt festival
- Widening Amos’ supporter base
- Promoting legacies.
- Ensure fundraising activities meet the ethical criteria set out by Amos Trust.
- Take part when appropriate/ possible in Amos advocacy activities in promoting Amos Trust.
- Give presentations and talks about Amos Trust and our partners.
- Feed into the creativity and spirituality that underpins Amos’ work.
- Be aware of emerging trends in fundraising and new developments.
- Maintain awareness of the evolving legal base for fundraising and ensure that Trustees are appropriately kept abreast of these.
- Undertake other tasks as commensurate with the nature of this post and with Amos being a small organisation.
Terms and Recruitment Process
Salary circa £35,000
We operate a standard 35-hour week but are happy to discuss flexible working (hours and locations) with candidates.
If you would like to discuss this post before applying then please contact Chris Rose, Director
When applying please email a CV and letter outlining why you are a good fit for this position
The closing date for applications is Sunday 17th February
Interviews will take place on the morning of Friday 22nd February