Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Are you passionate about making a difference to young people’s lives? Ocean Youth Trust Scotland is an award winning youth work charity, delivering life-changing voyages for young people aboard its sail training vessels.
As the charity celebrates its 20th anniversary year, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Fundraising team and contribute to its growing success. Ocean Youth Trust Scotland is seeking a motivated, dynamic Fundraising Officer to work on growing its existing Trust and Foundation funding relationships and generate new relationships with grant-making and institutional funders.
The successful candidate will have good experience in securing funding via applications to major grant making trusts and foundations such as The Big Lottery, People’s Postcode, Robertson Trust and Children in Need plus experience with statutory funders. The successful applicant will also be confident establishing and nurturing individual donor relationships.
This role would best suit an experienced fundraiser ready to hit the ground running in an established and successful youth work charity.
Using exceptional relationship building skills, you will work with the fundraising team to ensure the appropriate processes, timely information and reports are provided to funders.
The ideal candidate will be a positive and creative individual with the ability to embrace a diverse workload, work to deadlines and to represent the charity at all levels.
Closing date: 17.00 Friday 8 February 2019
Interviews: w/c Monday 18 February 2019
· A minimum of 24 months successful experience in trust and foundations fundraising
· Proven track record of generating significant income from a range of trusts, foundations and grant giving bodies
· The ability to research and develop new revenue streams
· Excellent project planning skills and time management
· Good IT skills. Database/CRM experience an advantage although training will be provided if necessary.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.