Join our team and help change billions of lives; including yours.
Compassion in World Farming International is the leading international farm animal welfare organisation, actively campaigning to improve the lives of farmed animals around the world. You could join us in fighting factory farming – the biggest form of animal cruelty on the planet.
Compassion receives no government funding so relies entirely on the generosity of supporters to prevent cruelty to farm animals all over the world. Our supporters are vital to our effectiveness as a campaigning organisation.
Position: Development Executive (Major Gifts)
Location: Godalming, Surrey
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000 per annum, subject to experience
Benefits: For animals, people and planet: We are on a mission to end factory farming and create a world where fresh air and sunshine are natural parts of any farming system. To expand your current skills, develop your career and make a difference to the lives of billions. We offer 25 days paid holiday; 45 minutes by train from London Waterloo, our international headquarters are in Godalming near Guildford, a picturesque market town on the banks of the River Wey. We occupy modern, bright open plan offices just two minutes walk from Godalming station; Free parking; Free fruit!
Closing date: Monday, 25th February 2019.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to help end factory farming, through driving higher levels of sustainable income. Being part of a dedicated team working in partnership with inspirational supporters, progressive policy makers and visionary companies to mobilise a movement for far-reaching change in our farming that will improve the quality of life for billions of farm animals worldwide and create a sustainable food supply which respects the environment.
It is an exciting time to join Compassion in World Farming International’s Major Gifts team. We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic person who is passionate about animal welfare and whose skills, experience and background will contribute to our successful team, providing support to the team as we build better and stronger relationships with donors and funders.
- Using fundraising or sales related skills to manage high value and major donors, including a membership group, and seek opportunities to grow and deliver major gift income.
- Supporting the Senior Development Manager and the wider team to deliver against annual targets and sustainable, multi-million income stream.
- Provide administrative support to the team (particularly communications via email and letter and timely database record keeping and reporting).
- Support the organisation of innovative events to invite new prospects and cultivate existing donors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Diligent, reliable and with an eye for detail.
- Ability to think laterally and creatively.
- Able prioritise and deliver multiple projects on time.
- Supportive and a team player.
Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and a covering letter stating why you are ideal for this post.
Please see our website for a full job description and person specification
In order to comply with legal requirements, as part of our selection process we ask all potential employees to prove the eligibility to work on the UK.
No agencies please.
You may have experience of the following: Development Executive, Fundraising Executive, Major Gifts, Major Gifts Fundraiser, Fundraising Manager, Business Development, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Fundraising Assistant, Office Administrator, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, etc