- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Permanent contract
- £38,881.69 plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Closing date: Thursday 28 March 2019 (9am UK time)
- Interviews: week commencing 8 April 2019
Conciliation Resources is seeking a Fundraising Manager to contribute to the effective implementation of Conciliation Resources’ fundraising strategy as part of a restructured Fundraising team. If you have passion for fundraising and an interest in making a difference as part of a small but friendly team, then this role is for you.
The post holder will work closely with the Senior Partnership and Fundraising Manager to increase Conciliation Resources’ unrestricted income. This role coordinates certain elements of Conciliation Resources’ donor diversification strategy, particularly by working with selected bilateral donors, as well as initiating and following up on opportunities for increased trust and foundational giving, and funding from other sources such as HNWIs.
The role sits within the newly merged Fundraising and Communications team, which consists of six members. The Fundraising Manager works on researching and approaching new funders, as well as on strengthening existing and developing new funding relationships with selected bilateral donors, trusts and foundations. They also pursue opportunities for funding from other sources, such as HNWIs and corporates. Working with other Fundraising team members, the Fundraising Manager oversees a pipeline of (calls for) proposals and donor prospects, identifying funding opportunities for the entire organisation.
Required experience and skills:
- Solid fundraising experience, including a proven track record of successfully raising funds from institutional donors, trusts and foundations, HNWIs and/or corporates, including handling subsequent reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of the charity/NGO funding environment.
- Experience of writing professional standard reports, applications, proposals, bids or similar that require the summarising of complex issues in a readable and engaging style.
- Experience of taking the initiative, making decisions and managing a complex, varied and, at times, heavy workload.
- Understanding of international issues and appreciation of cross-cultural sensitivities.
- Relevant university degree, or local equivalent, or qualification by experience in a relevant subject area.
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills with the ability to communicate and summarise complex information clearly and persuasively (essential).
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and to influence others.
- Common sense approach, with a positive attitude and ability to adapt to an evolving business and working environment.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage a varied workload and coordinate processes involving multiple people/teams within short deadlines.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent research skills and strong attention to detail.
- Good computer and IT skills (preferably in a Mac environment).
- Excellent command of Excel.
- Creative, flexible character and open to new ideas.
- Commitment to Conciliation Resources’ goals, values, work and approach.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.