Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Are you experienced in Individual Giving and Legacies? Do you have a passion for driving growth in income and donor acquisition? The Head of Individual Giving and Legacies role will work with their team to deliver an excellent donor journey, whilst launching a legacy campaign and a new lottery for the Charity. This is a real opportunity to make a significant impact of the lives of bereaved children.
This role will lead the development and management of the charity's individual giving programmes and activities, including cash appeals, online donations, regular giving, mid-level gifts, in memoriam giving and legacies. It will explore and test new and innovative income streams to increase supporter engagement and ensure that the donor experience is excellent.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Fundraising and Communications to develop the new strategy for increasing income across all individual giving streams and then implement it.
- Control the Individual Giving expenditure budget and work to achieve the annual income targets agreed for the individual giving income streams.
- Analyse financial data to measure effectiveness of activities and the return on investment.
- Establish a series of donor journeys which will maximise the potential lifetime value of every individual donor, ensuring they have the opportunitiy to progress through a giving pipeline.
- Ensure that individual donors are appropriately and innovatively thanked, in a timely way.
- Develop and manage direct mail campaigns, including in-depth segmentation to ensure campaigns will be carefully targeted and designed to maximise income.
- Explore and test new methods for donor recruitment and increasing donations.
- Plan and implement a series of digital fundraising activities, staying on top of new trends in the sector.
- Work with the Director of Fundraising and Communications to ensure that potential major donors are indentified and included in relevant activities.
- Work personally with a portfolio of mid value donors (including face-to-face solicitation), in order to reach agreed income targets.
- Work with the Director of Fundraising and Communications to develop and manage Giving Clubs for Winston's Wish, introducing a new series of events and tailored stewardship opportunities.
- Work to increase awareness of legacy giving to Winston's Wish and monitor the effectiveness of this over time.
- Manage a portfolio of legacy enquirers and intenders with appropriate contact and timely solicitation of prospective legators including events and tailored stewardship opportunities.
- Manage the stewardship and development of payroll and direct debit donors including uplift campaigns and solicitation of new donors to agreed targets.
- Manage the Individual Giving Officer and Donor Stewardship and Database Officer, giving monthly 1:1's and setting rolling objectives.
- Work collaboratively across the Fundraising Team to help generate leads for community fundraisers, corporate partners, challenge and event participants and major donors.
- Ensure that the charity is operating, at all times, within the Institute of Fundraising's Code of Practice and that all regulations regarding donor consent and donor preferences are adhered to.
- Maintain and awareness of philanthropy trends, news, events and legislation in the UK to ensure that Winston's Wish remains up to date on key changes to individual giving, particularly tax efficient giving.
- Work to objectives, targets and work plans agreed by your line manager.
- Other tasks deemed appropriate by the Director of Fundraising and Communications.
- Work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people at all times.
- Adhere to Winston's Wish policies and procedures.
For further information see the attached recruitment pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.