Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Aims of the role
The Supporter Engagement (SE) Team is responsible for the communications and fundraising of Wycliffe Bible Translators. The Trust & Foundations Officer is a very specific role that will allow the team to raise income from a variety of sources for the many projects that Wycliffe supports around the world.
Trust & Foundations Officer will assist the Fundraising Team by managing the income stream received from Trust and Foundations.
In order to achieve the aims of the role, the Trust & Foundations Officer will engage with SE team members to ensure that applications are well presented and factually correct.
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager
Location: The successful candidate could work from the Wycliffe office at High Wycombe or from home, or a combination of office and home. If working from home, it is essential for the postholder to attend the High Wycombe office for regular meetings. Some travel will be required within UK.
Working as part of the Supporter Engagement team, and adhering to all departmental procedures, the Trusts and Foundations Officer will:
- Actively maintain and grow a portfolio of grants and trusts prospects and deliver a robust programme of trusts and grants fundraising to achieve agreed income targets
- Lead research into public and private sector grant-making organisations, pro-actively identifying, profiling and prioritising new grant-makers and opportunities for funding
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with senior grant managers and foundation trustees, to influence and engage with individuals at all levels and facilitate successful applications
- Take the lead in developing high quality grant applications, working directly with Project Boards and Teams to ensure successful delivery from development to completion
- Build and sustain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and colleagues across the organisation
- Develop appropriate and compelling cases for support, working closely with colleagues in other departments to ensure compatibility of objectives
- Steward effective relationships with a portfolio of key funders, and including taking responsibility for developing planning, stewardship, timely reporting and all other communications
- Work closely with colleagues in the SE Team to deliver an integrated programme of fundraising activity
- Administer and monitor grant contracts and agreements to ensure contractual compliance, audit requirements and agreed outcomes and outputs
- Keep abreast of new developments in trusts and grants fundraising, recommending improvements to department plans as appropriate
- Ensure all data on trusts and grants are kept up to date on the department’s database and managed in compliance with GDPR and internal policies
- Act as a representative of Wycliffe Bible Translators both externally and internally, contributing to the overall strategy of the SE Team.
Skills and Experience
- Experience researching, collating, preparing and submitting multiple funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations.
- Successful track record of securing grants from charitable trusts and foundations
- Experience of developing and maintaining key relationships with trusts and foundations over a sustained period, and a thorough understanding of how charitable trusts and foundations operate
- Experience developing positive relationships with internal audience
- Excellent relationship management skills, with proven ability to build and develop relationships with a variety of funders and internal stakeholders
- Outstanding written communication skills, with proven ability to write high quality proposals, detailed budgets and reports
- Proven ability to work cross organisationally to develop projects and package up compelling cases for support
- Proactive and resourceful with ability to work on an individual basis & take ownership of their area
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Highly IT literate with experience using Word, Excel and PowerPoint, web based research tools and CRM databases
- Ability to travel and to attend evening meetings, conferences as appropriate to the needs of the job
- Experience managing large multi-year grants
- Experience building external evaluation into proposals to research potential donors and identify new opportunities
- Fully committed to upholding Wycliffe’s aims and values, and to cross-cultural mission
- Able to get on with others as part of a team
- Able to maintain a cheerful, positive and helpful attitude, and to encourage and motivate others, even when under pressure
- Ability to take appropriate initiative
- Trustworthy and honest.