Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Are you an experienced and driven Community Fundraiser? We are looking for an energetic and dynamic individual to represent the Charity across East and West Sussex and Brighton and Hove. You will work with companies, schools and fundraisers in the area, supporting them to maximise their fundraising efforts.
The Regional Fundraising Officer will be responsible for recruiting support within a defined area from community groups, individual fundraisers, businesses and schools. They will engage and inspire existing and new supporters in order to increase income. They will ensure supporters and volunteers are motivated and equipped with all they need, making sure the experience is sufficiently motivating to ensure retention. They will work alongside the Head of Corporate and Community Engagement as they lead on our national strategy for growing income from schools, colleges and universities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage supporters from initial enquiry throughout their fundraising activities.
- Work proactively to develop links within the region to raise awareness and increase fundraising activity.
- Contribute to other national and regional activities to ensure consistency of message and coordinated approaches.
- Develop local fundraising volunteer groups in the region, building long-term relationships and maximising income.
- Work with the Head of Corporate and Community Engagement to introduce and manage a new strategy for increasing income from Schools, Colleges and Universities.
- Contribute to the development, evaluation and monitoring of income and expenditure budgets and work with the Head of Corporate and Community Engagement to take early remedial action to address any shortfall.
- Represent the Charity at third party events, presenting the Charity's work, to support community activity, ensuring that this is focused and cost effective.
- Attend regional networking events to raise awareness and develop relationships which may result in support regionally or nationally.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that donors are thanked in a timely and appropriate way.
- Champion the use of the customer relationship management database (Salesforce NFP), ensuring that you are keeping contact and relationship data up to date.
- Liaise with Communications colleagues to manage social media and press content required for the activity you are overseeing.
- Work to annual KPIs and income targets and inform discussion about future targets.
- Ensure that you work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people at all times.
- To ensure that all fundraising activities are in line with the mission, vision and values of the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with all necessary health and safety legislation for every event.
- Ensure that all fundraising activities meet with the Charity Commission requirements, the Charities Act, the Data Protection Act, insurers' requirements and all other relevant statutes.
- Other ad hoc duties as appropriate in discussion with the Head of Corporate and Community Engagement.
- Adhere to all Winston's Wish policies and procedures.
For further information see our recruitment pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.