Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Enabling Enterprise is an award-winning social enterprise. Our mission is to ensure that one day, everyone builds the skills, experiences and aspirations to succeed – beyond just a set of qualifications.
We do this through supporting schools with an award-winning curriculum and support to build their students’ essential skills – from 3- to 18-year-olds. We are leading the Skills Builder Partnership, which includes 500 schools, 40 skills-building organisations and 130 top employers including hospitals, airports and leading international companies.
We are looking for a self-starter with a collaborative and highly organised approach. The ideal team member will demonstrate a passion for impact and will be able to support that through high quality written communication as well as experience in working with budgets and other key data.
We are looking for someone with attention to detail and the ability to get things done by taking ownership and working with others to achieve shared goals.
From our three offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester, we currently work with over 120,000 students in schools across the country. We are in a period of strong growth, with backing from sector leading organisations including the CBI, the National Education Union and the Careers & Enterprise Company.
If you want to be part of an inspiring team, and benefit from opportunities for rapid growth, development and challenge, we want to hear from you.
(1) Identifying funding opportunities through research and planning
- Working with the Head of Partnerships and the Development Manager to identify new leads.
- Carry out research into new leads to ensure time and resources are most effectively used to cultivate relationships.
- Using systems, including our Salesforce Customer Relationships Management, and processes, such as moves management, to support the cultivation of key relationships.
(2) Engaging funders
- Supporting the development of relationships with funders using individual plans, ensuring the level of engagement matches individual expectations and needs.
- You will contribute to the writing of proposals to potential funders, including corporates, trusts and foundations.
- Planning and delivering an annual cycle of events to develop relationships, including opportunities to see our work in action.
(3) Stewardship of relationships
- Ensuring that all reporting requirements are planned and met. This will include working with the wider team and writing high quality evaluation and impact reports to funders.
- Working with the wider team to ensure that relationships are nurtured and opportunities to add value to key relationships are delivered.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Passion for impact and education: An ambitious fundraiser, you will be someone who loves communicating about social issues and is passionate about creating impact.
- Organisational Skills: This role requires the management of a full and varied workload, and you need to be someone who gets stuff done – on time, and to exacting standards.
- Written communication: To ensure the success of our communications with funders, you will be able to write engagingly and persuasively in concise and jargon free language.
- Working with budgets and numbers: The ability to develop, present and interpret budgets is essential. Similarly, working with data, such as our impact data, will be key to the role.
- Attention to detail: To successfully connect opportunities to our work, you will have a sharp focus on details and be able to relate them back to the bigger picture.
- Team Player: You will be able to work independently whilst also being an effective team player.
- Self-Motivation and Ownership: With resilience, you will thrive on responsibility, and taking ownership of your work. You will enjoy achieving and have a proven record of delivering on ambitious outcomes and targets.
Terms & Conditions:
Salary: £28,000-£30,000 subject to review in 12 months
Start Date: 27th May 2019, or as soon as possible
Working hours: 40 hours per week, although due to working with partners across England, occasional early starts and evening work will be needed.
Holidays: 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
Contract length: Initially 2 years, probationary period of 6 months
Location: This position will be based in London. The role will involve some travel to support our regional teams.
Enabling Enterprise is an equal opportunities employer, and actively encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.