Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Join our team to deliver amazing Challenge Events to make even more Special Days happen!
Reporting to: Head of Community Fundraising & Volunteering
Direct Report: Community Fundraising Assistant
- To plan, develop, deliver and review the calendar of Willow led events, ensuring income, participation & retention targets are achieved.
- To ensure Willow continues to provide a consistently high level of supporter care for all event participants and challenge fundraisers.
- To lead the development of the Willow challenge events programme ensuring income opportunities are maximised through event income and Third Party Events
- Identify and make recommendations for new fundraising events and activities to attract new event audiences.
- To set and successfully meet financial and non financial targets in challenge events fundraising.
- To organise and deliver all Willow led Community Fundraising Challenge events.
- To ensure all third party event participants and in aid of challenge fundraisers are provided with full support to maximise fundraising potential.
- To lead the planning of challenge events fundraising projects, researching, identifying and developing new challenge events and appropriate new third party events for Willow. To achieve this within agreed budgets and timelines.
- To participate in the overall development of a supporter stewardship strategy and to implement this strategy within Challenge Fundraising.
- To manage the Fundraising Team assistant to ensure all challenge event administration is completed and recorded on the Charity database Raisers Edge.
- To analyse all aspects of challenge fundraising performance, reporting as required and utilising the results to improve practise. This includes evaluation of cost effectiveness, levels of potential and sustainability.
- To coordinate multimedia event participant recruitment campaigns working closely with the Willow Communications Team.
- To keep up to date with current competitor activity in relevant channels and sector specific learning.
- To keep up to date and comply with the Fundraising Code of Fundraising Practice, GDPR and any other relevant legislation, codes of practice and good standards.
- To work closely with the Community Fundraising Team and wider Fundraising teams
- To undertake any other tasks reasonably required.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification/experience
- Proven experience of successful relationship management
- Proven success at leading and delivering mass participation events
- Experience of working with Third Party event providers
- Up to date with latest developments in challenge fundraising
- Significant project management experience
- Hands on budget management experience
- Experience and confidence in team working across disciplines, with an ability to bring together both internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects to agreed objectives in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Understanding and knowledge of the UK funding environment and good practice
- Extensive experience in analysing and reporting on fundraising activity and outcomes
- Experience in developing and managing agency relationships
Skills and Abilities
- Well organised with attention to detail and ability to lead others to achieve the same standards
- Outstanding project management with a proven ability to plan and manage activity that delivers complex projects on time, to budget, across multiple teams and achieving project goals.
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks at the same time and skilled at identifying and prioritising important activity
- Strong numeracy and ability to project and analyse campaign results.
- Excellent oral and written skills, with the ability to write, evaluate and proof audience and channel appropriate copy.
- Decisive and quick problem solver with the ability to adapt easily to change
- Innovative outlook and a willingness to suggest new ideas
- Strong fundraising database experience – preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Willing to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends, as required in order to deliver Challenge fundraising initiatives
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.