MRF has a diverse income portfolio and has made a strategic decision to continue investing in growth of our high value income to deliver our strategy. The organisation is already fortunate to have good and longstanding corporate partners and funders such as some of the world largest vaccine manufacturers as well as relationships with passionate and committed and generous supporters.
You will have exceptional interpersonal skills aligned with strong technical experience of high value fundraising and relationship building across a range of disciplines. You will be equally comfortable liaising with senior representatives of global companies and international development grant giving organisations. You will enjoy having a strong portfolio of contacts and networks and be able to connect the work of the team to the rest of the organisation.
- Lead and manage a portfolio and pipeline of income streams, including corporate, institutional and statutory funders, trusts and foundations and individuals capable of making significant donations.
- Work closely with the communications team, increase awareness of MRF and our portfolio of work with corporate, institutional and statutory funders, trusts and foundations and individuals capable of making significant donations.
- Work with the Director of Income Generation to develop and deliver effective funding strategies across these sectors.
- Lead on the development and writing of high value funding applications across all sectors.
- Write, recommend and execute new fundraising concepts suitable for high value giving in line with MRF’s portfolio of activity and strategy.
- Create and deliver compelling pitch presentations for potential corporate and high net worth donors.
- Develop, recommend and manage annual budgets and plans for each area of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic prospect and business development pipeline for new concepts and propositions suitable to donor and sector.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to develop, establish and maintain a high net worth donor stewardship programme that delivers a compelling donor journey and results in high value giving and lasting donor relationships in a systematic way.
- Analyse team results and performance and write and present reports on learning and plans for continuous improvement to senior internal stakeholders.
- Line manage the major gifts team, supporting these roles to deliver against income targets in line with MRF’s fundraising and overall strategies.
- Work with colleagues and trustees to build an internal culture that inspires people within our organisation to engage with major gifts fundraising, including supporting the management of partnerships and funder relationships held by other people.
- Work with the Head of International Projects on evaluating funding opportunities for international work and provide fundraising expertise for applications written by the international projects team.
- Manage the organisation of regular cultivation events for current and prospective donors.
- Attend events in the UK and Ireland and face-to-face meetings to cultivate, develop and sustain effective and long-term relationships with potential and current funders.
The closing date for completed applications by email is 9am Monday 29th April 2019. See our website for full details and how to apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.