Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
We are looking for a confident and driven marketeer who is eager to join a hard-working and ambitious direct marketing team. As the fastest growing medical research charity in the UK, we’re proud that the supporter marketing team is continuing to produce highly successful campaigns, not only driving income, but forging long-lasting and meaningful relationships with supporters and donors.
Working with different teams across the charity, you’ll be supporting and delivering direct marketing campaigns online, offline and across a range of media channels. The retention and development programme is ever evolving and there is change and growth happening in a lot of interesting areas.
The successful candidate will have a desire to learn and develop, as well as the confidence to whole-heartedly launch themselves into an energetic team with ambitious goals.
You’ll be part of a team that works across a multitude of channels; speaking to range of audiences with one theme in common – compelling people to support our work and bring about the first life-changing dementia treatment.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Plan, manage and deliver successful campaigns on time, on brand and in line with relevant regulation. Activity will include cash appeals, regular newsletters, impact reporting, engagement activities and gaming products.
- Successful management of fundraising agencies and suppliers; ensuring relationships are effective and productive.
- Liaison with creative agencies, designers, printers, mailing houses and suppliers; ensuring relationships are effective and productive.
- Close working with data team to ensure effective processes are worked to and full campaign evaluation is possible.
- Routine end of campaign reviews and analysis, with proactive adaption of plans to optimise results.
- Continuous improvement through test and learn principles across all activity.
- Integration of campaigns across the charity to drive maximum value.
- Development of compelling communications and materials to support all activities.
- KPI tracking, trend analysis and interrogation of results at all levels.
- Invoice reconciliation and processing for timely payment.
- Non-financial KPI trend reporting – such as opt-in rates and quality monitoring/ evaluation.
What we are looking for:
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Reporting and ability to understand complex data sets
- Understanding of compliance in direct marketing
- Agency management skills
- Use of CRM or database systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time management and prioritisation
- Focus on results and continuous improvement
- Copy writing and proof reading
- Campaign management
- Briefing and working with external suppliers
- Direct marketing across a range of media and routes to market
- Flexibility to work some unsocial hours and willingness to travel independently
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £26,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is the 24th November 2019. Interviews will be held on the 5th December 2019. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on this day.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.