Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
We are looking for a confident and ambitious fundraiser to join our regional community team. The successful candidate will take ownership of fundraising activity in London, with focus on the East, including postcodes E, SE, IG, RM, BR, and CR. This region is full of exciting fundraising events, now all we need is a dedicated fundraiser to seek out further opportunities to engage with and secure income from individuals, groups and corporates across East London.
Main tasks include:
- Use own initiative to extend volunteer networks, recruit new volunteers, develop new groups and supporters, and respond to fundraising opportunities.
- Identify and apply for ‘Charity of the Year’ partnerships with corporates in the region, account manage these relationships up to a value of £11,000 per annum and support with partnerships with a value of up to £75,000
- Provide high-quality account/relationship management to volunteer groups and regional corporate partners.
- Support existing volunteer fundraisers to encourage continued loyalty to the charity and to maximise funds raised, in accordance with fundraising legislation and good practice.
- Ensure that fundraising activity is implemented and managed locally by supporting and facilitating the development of groups and volunteers across the region.
- Liaise with local community organisations to extend income and activity in line with strategy.
- Provide face-to-face talks and presentations to community organisations.
- Arrange appropriate volunteer representation at events in the community, spreading the charity’s reach cost-effectively.
We are looking for:
- Educated to A Level or equivalent
- Knowledge of Institute of Fundraising Codes of Fundraising Practice and legal framework of event management and fundraising ethics.
- Knowledge of recruiting key volunteers and fundraising supporters
- Excellent customer service, communication, verbal and written skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to manage a busy and varied workload
- Understanding and practice of recruiting and supporting volunteer Fundraising Groups
- Proven ability of providing excellent stewardship of our supporters
- Experience in partnership fundraising and/or relationship building
- Experience in public-speaking, such as giving presentations and talking at events
- Experience in regional corporate acquisition and account management.
- Experience in working to ambitious targets.
- Comfortability in working remotely with a high standard of internal communications.
Location: Home based in London or Greater London.
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum, plus benefits, car allowance and associated expenses (if applicable).
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is the 5th January 2020, with interviews likely to be held on either the 14th and/or 16th January 2020 at our Cambridge office.
Telephone interviews will be conducted prior to the interview dates and will be done so via Skype on the 8th January 2020. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend interviews on a certain date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.