Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Position Title: International Fundraising Director
Location:Preferably the Hague, Netherlands other locations will be considered.
Reporting to:Executive Director at BRAC International
Salary and benefits:Competitive Salary negotiable based on experience
BRAC International envisions a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential.
BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world, measured by the number of employees and number of people it has helped. Founded in post-war Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC has become a household name over 45 years, creating opportunities for millions of people living in poverty. BRAC was ranked the number one NGO in the world for the fourth consecutive years in 2019 by the NGO Advisor, a Geneva based independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
Set up in 2009, BRAC International is based in the Netherlands. However, its reach is far greater, and it creates opportunity for an estimated 110 million people living in poverty in 10 countries spread over two continents. Currently, it operates in five countries in Africa: Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Liberia and Sierra Leone, and five countries in Asia: Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal, Myanmar and the Philippines.
BRAC is currently funded by a mix of microfinance programmes, donor grants and partnerships with reputable local and international organisations, raising funds in their affiliates and foundation in the USA, UK and The Netherlands. There is a strong interest to expand this funding and diversifying into private sector funds, mainly individual giving.
A key role, International Fundraising Director, has therefore been created, based on the recognition of opportunities for BRAC to engage in private fundraising and untap the potential for income generation from mass fundraising sources to contribute to their mission.
Summary of Post
This is a new position with the responsibility to establish and grow the private sector fundraising function for BRAC International to contribute in fighting global poverty. The new International Fundraising Director will lead this process and ensure the organization is at the forefront of the latest thinking and action in fundraising and marketing.
Reporting to the Executive Director in BRAC International, the International Fundraising Director will have responsibility for the full private sector fundraising activity of the Foundation, creating and delivering their Private Sector Fundraising Strategy, coordinating the planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation of all private sector fundraising activities. This Director will be responsible for establishing the processes, systems, creating a team and building capacity in order for BRAC to expand their funding into this acquisition area.
This is a new post, which means the chosen candidate will have the opportunity to play a key role in defining the strategy the organization will take in reaching out to mass market fundraising. The organisation needs a person in this role that is an all-rounder who is both strategic and hands-on.
- Contribute to development and delivery of BRAC´s International Fundraising Strategy ensuring significant and sustained income growth, developing 5- and 10-year strategic plan and establishing processes and tools to fundraise in their priority markets, currently mainly focused in UK, USA and The Netherlands.
- Providing leadership, strategic direction and implementation for the Foundation’s fundraising program in order to generate increased year on year funding from private sector.
- Establish BRAC private sector fundraising program, mainly focusing on individual giving, establishing the required processes, culture and team to successfully raise money internationally to support BRAC´s work.
- Develop high-impact and innovative donor acquisition campaigns to drive growth.
- Coordinate the planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation of fundraising plans across markets.
- Define best fundraising acquisition methods to incur by market, choosing investment opportunities that would provide the best donor Life-time Value (LTV) and Return on Investment (ROI), including direct marketing, digital, middle and major donors. Lead the development of all fundraising, including direct marketing (face to face, telephone, direct mail, and other regular giving strategies).
- Develop a donor relations management system and manage relationships with individual donors, including a donor retention programme to maintain donor loyalty.
- Establish and implement tracking procedures for each fundraising program/channel and ensure that fundraising targets are met.
- Build capacity and bring innovation and best-practices to the organisation. Coach, support and empower BRAC´s staff to employ the latest and most impactful methods across various acquisition methods.
- Benchmark, research, test, and, where appropriate, develop new fundraising ideas and opportunities.
- Work closely with Head of Communications to ensure that donor communications, offers, and benefits are creative and attractive.
- Work closely with Senior Management Team to ensure budgets, forecasts, and accounts are accurate and realistic.
- Build BRAC’s brand and reputation through effective fundraising activities.
- Ensure that all fundraising activity is conducted in a manner consistent with the Foundation’s culture, reputation and values.
- At least 10 years of experience working at a senior level in private sector fundraising for an international organization or not-for-profit organization with a proven track record delivering fundraising goals.
- Demonstrable private sector fundraising track record, including leading individual regular giving ideally international level.
- Experience of effective communication at senior levels and outstanding interpersonal and self-motivational skills. Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- It would be an advantage to have experience setting up new operations and establishing processes from scratch.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, including developing forecasts, budgets and monitoring expenditure
- Proven project management and excellent organization skills.
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with a range of multisectoral, multicultural partners.
- Strategic, innovative and results-driven professional with a track record of success
- Adaptable team player who is able to plan, negotiate, and make decisions with high standards of personal organization.
- Committed to continuing professional development.
- Hands-on, sharp, creative person with the ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to engage, develop and deepen relationships among diverse stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- University degree or post graduate qualification in a relevant field.
- The working language of the post is English; fluency in another language is highly desirable.