The Bible Reading Fellowship (BRF) is a Christian charity that is passionate about enabling people of all ages to grow in faith and understanding of the Bible. BRF resources the spiritual journey of individuals and the mission and ministry of local churches. BRF also provides a professional education service equipping primary schools to explore Christianity creatively and confidently.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser to join us as Deputy Head of Fundraising focusing on increasing individual giving, establishing a community fundraising programme and developing church partnerships.
Location: BRF office, Abingdon with the possibility for some homeworking
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Skills and experience
- Trust fundraising experience
- Experience of creating excellent case for funding documents
- Excellent copywriting skills and ability to communicate jargon-free information in a clear and accessible way
- Experience of delivering fundraising campaigns
- Understanding of the needs of different types of donors
- Project management skills to enable delivery against multiple projects at any one time
- Excellent team player
- Flexibility and ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Able to speak articulately about the organisation and present to an audience
- Use of CRM system to support fundraising (e.g. Raiser’s Edge)
- Community fundraising experience
- Experience of planning fundraising events
- Legacy fundraising experience
- A track record of increasing regular giving
- Line management experience
- 28 days’ holiday per annum, including Bank Holidays
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (8% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution)
- Private Healthcare (after 12 months completed service, subject to underwriting)
- Flexitime scheme (after successful completion of probation period)
There is an occupational requirement that the role be held by a Christian, as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
Closing date: 12:00pm Monday 12 August
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.