Director of Fundraising (official title Director of Income Generation)
Permanent, full time - 35 hours per week
£80,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
(salary subject to negotiation)
This is an exciting opportunity for an extraordinary and motivated professional to join the executive team of an impactful and innovative charity, with a very engaging cause and warm public reputation. Our income has roughly doubled in the last eight years, thanks to our award-winning retail and fundraising team. This post provides an opportunity to join a new and ambitious team of Directors, with a great chance to achieve a new scale of income and drive innovation and integration across the charity.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 190,000 cats and kittens each year through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
- Lead and integrate the fundraising function across Cats Protection to obtain maximal and sustainable income and other added value for the charity
- Drive strategic progress at the highest level
- Facilitate development of people and relationships within Cats Protection and its supporters
- Live Cats Protection’s leadership values, as part of the executive management team:
- Contribute to the overall corporate strategic planning process and deliver the goals set out in the charity's corporate strategy
- Effectively monitor the directorate’s annual budget and performance, ensuring that all activities are delivered on time and within budget
- Devising, implementing and monitoring charity planning with relevant KPIs designed to achieve continuous improvement
- Continuously seek to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation,
- Ensure our supporters have an excellent experience which inspires loyalty and drives lifetime value
- Integrate fundraising with the development of other forms of support, including volunteering, adoption, and homing
- Substantial senior management experience which has included evaluating and improving organisational performance, and planning, implementing and managing at a high level
- Significant experience of developing and implementing successful income generation strategies in line with an organisation’s strategic aims
- Impressive track record in fundraising within the not for profit sector
- Significant experience of strategic planning, including setting, managing and monitoring multiple budgets
- A track record of innovation within and/or beyond the fundraising sector
- Significant experience of managing diverse fundraising streams in a substantial charity with a national brief
- Thorough understanding, through experience, of volunteers’ needs and motivations
- Interest in and empathy for animals, particularly cats
To reward you we offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Closing Date: 20 February 2019
Telephone interview date: TBC
Assessment Centre: 11 March 2019
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.