Are you the person to take the UK's leading sepsis research charity to the next level?
FEAT - Sepsis Research's main objective is to stop sepsis through funding research into the early detection of the condition and its treatment and also to raise awareness about sepsis more generally.
The charity also drives awareness of the need for early detection of the killer condition among individuals and the medical profession.
FEAT is looking for an innovative, skilled professional who is able to build on the charity's existing work and reach and grow this significantly.
Reporting directly to the Board of Trustees, the Director will have responsibility for the overall co-ordination and management of the charity, including the co-ordination of and setting objectives for existing employees and volunteers.
The Director will deliver the strategic aims of the charity, as set by the trustees and will be the public face of FEAT, representing the charity at events, in the media and with key stakeholders in Government, the NHS and the Third Sector.
- Implementing the charity's strategic objectives in co-ordination with the trustees.
- Establishing a corporate fundraising strategy.
- Being the main point of contact for the Board of Trustees.
- Organising and chairing all trustee conference calls and face to face meetings.
- Owning and managing the direction of the existing management team.
- Management of the charity as a business, including financial management and cash flow, budgeting, etc.
- Overall ownership of the volunteer network (to assist at events and fundraisers).
- Representing the charity and speaking at events as required; co-ordinating media strategy and responding to media enquiries.
- Delivering a clear advocacy strategy to key stakeholders, including working with and lobbying Government and health agencies.
- You should be a good communicator with prior senior level experience in the Third Sector and a proven track record of delivering growth.
- Part-time position initially (0.5 week), with the scope to expand to a full-time role.
- Employed by FEAT.
- Competitive salary.
- Statutory pension scheme.
- Holidays: 20 days (pro rata) and public and local public holidays.
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.