Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Location: Flexible location including home office
Reporting to: FCA Executive Director
Annual salary: circa 50,000 Euros based on experience
About FCA and the role:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation organisation and the second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions.
Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Most of our assistance goes to Africa. The need for assistance on the continent has been caused and maintained by political instability, prolonged crises and natural disasters. The second most significant target for aid funds is Asia, which has the largest number of people living in poverty.
The majority of our funds (around 45M EUR annually) come from private donors, international institutional donors, global partners, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, and parishes.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Executive Director, the External Relations Manager will support the coordination of all global partnership relations working in conjunction with management team members, representing FCA in events and strategic meetings with relevant global stakeholders such as Development Banks, World Bank and other global institutions. The External Relations Manager works closely with FCA country offices, and the Helsinki head office thematic advisors. We are looking for an independent, creative, organized individual with strong communications and project management skills.
- Manage FCA’s global partnership relations with each Management Team member responsible on global partners based on the global partnership cooperation listing.
- Coordinate the work towards global partners with the nominated team for each global partner.
- Ensure internal communications and follow up actions towards partners
- Coordinate and prepare the meetings with global partners.
- Participate in and represent FCA in strategic global partnership meetings
- Represent FCA in events and conferences to actively encourage new partnerships
- Develop program countries global partnership communications.
- Provide analyses, develop recommendations and guidance on global partnerships for FCA management team.
- Participate in innovation initiatives
Interactions: Management team, Communications, Regional and country managers, Global Grants-team, Finance.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- University level degree in development studies, human rights, marketing or relevant discipline.
- At least 5-7 years professional related experience.
- Proven track record working with partners like Development Banks, World Bank and other global institutions.
- Strong knowledge of donor’s interests, priorities and compliance mechanisms.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the humanitarian / development sector.
- Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Proven problem solving and strategic planning capability with creative skills.
- Good attention to detail and highly numerate.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Sound organisational skills and initiative to proactively manage work.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and strong coordination skills
Responsibilities and independence:
The tasks require independency and sometimes responsibility in preparing problem solutions, and also making decisions. The position holder works as a specialist of a sub-sector of function. The work may include demanding responsibility for operations, finances or personnel.
This role might require:
- Availability to work exceptional / unpredictable hours.
- Availability to travel extensively.
- Unpredictable external elements require flexibility.
- Complex and constantly changing global partnership area require continuous updating of expertise.
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidate will be employed on a permanent contract being hired by FCA Head office in Helsinki.
- The hired person can work remotely from their home in any location or in one of the 14 countries with an FCA office. Travels for the meetings in the head office are covered.
- Candidates interested in moving to Finland need to either have EU citizenship or need to qualify for work visa.