Senior Fundraising Executive (Community)
Position: Senior Fundraising Executive - Community Relationship Management
Location: Central London, WC1N
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: 30 days holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance, discounted season ticket loan, and flexible approach to working.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 7th January 2019
About the role:
This is a key position within a dynamic and inspiring supporter-focused Community Fundraising Team. Responsible for retention of key supporters through impeccable account management, with a primary focus on patient family engagement by delivering our patient family fundraising propositions.
- Excellent stewardship and account management of high value supporters, primarily patient families
- Business planning and delivery of our patient family fundraising models to achieve growth targets across community audiences
- Delivering to, and exceeding budget expectations and wider KPIs
- Collaborating as a key part of a strong, positive and proactive team culture, putting the supporter at the heart of your work
About the Team
Community Events is a public facing team raising £6m every year, working with thousands of supporters who raise money in aid of the charity through a varied range of activity. The team also has responsibility for our volunteer ambassador programme, in-memory fundraising, and the ‘charity desk’, in GOSH, whilst working closely with the wider hospital community. Our Community Events team has an exciting and unique proposition as we have a national presence with a very tangible and accessible cause just a few minutes’ walk away from the charity office.
The post-holder needs an adaptable, creative approach in identifying and creating opportunities, to deliver growth and shaping the future of patient family engagement at the organisation. It’s a job for someone with a charity sector background who thrives on delivering and exceeding targets, while also being able to demonstrate adaptability and sensitivity towards individual supporters. It’s important to note that our key audiences are often families of current and past GOSH patients. We are therefore looking for someone with the true blend of relationship management, strategic growth mindset, and commercial acumen.
You will also have:
- Proven significant experience working in a supporter facing fundraising environment
- Demonstrable success of generating new and increased business, from prospect identification to securing, retaining and growing new support, from a closely connected audience
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills with project / account management experience
- Strategic, enterprising and creative professional with commercial acumen and the ability to spot and capitalise on opportunities
- Experience of budget management within a KPI environment
- Significant experience in a Community based fundraising team would be beneficial
- Experience or involvement in in-memory fundraising would be advantageous
About the Charity:
Every day brings new challenges at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). Every day, over 600 seriously ill children from across the UK arrive for life-changing treatments. Every day, young lives hang in the balance as patients, families and staff battle the most complex illnesses. And every day, the brightest minds come together to achieve pioneering medical breakthroughs that change the lives of thousands of children – and change the world. This extraordinary hospital has always depended on charitable support to give seriously ill children the best chance to fulfill their potential. Without donations, Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity can’t help fund ground-breaking research, advanced equipment, child and family support services, and the rebuilding and refurbishment of wards and medical facilities. Our staff help to raise these vital funds for the hospital. A better future for seriously ill children starts with you.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Fundraising Executive, Senior Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Executive, Community Fundraiser, Community Engagement, Events Fundraising, Events Officer, Community Events, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Community Relationship Manager, Relationship Management, Supporter Engagement, Fundraising Manager, Business Development, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, etc.