Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We’re the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity, dedicated to raising the funds necessary to keep an air ambulance flying over the counties of Bristol, North Somerset, Bath & North East Somerset and all of Gloucestershire.
Community Fundraising and Events Manager
Location: Southville, Bristol
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Full time, 35 hours per week
From fundraisers to highly skilled paramedics and senior consultants, we are a team, working to save lives that would otherwise be lost. The job is high pressure, but it is deeply satisfying, and every member of the team is committed to this service, and to saving as many lives as we can.
As a senior member of the fundraising team, the Community Fundraising and Fundraising Manager will be responsible for the Community Fundraising and our events programme. Taking a strategic approach to the development and management of community fundraising and events.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Maximising profitability of community fundraising and generate ideas for new opportunities
- To assist in the implementation and delivery of the fundraising strategy
- Develop a portfolio of events ensuring maximum ROI is achieved
- Take personal responsibility for building relationships with community leaders and local ambassadors to secure long-term support
- Ensure the highest level of donor care is executed at all times
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Ensure all ‘in aid of’ fundraisers are fully supported and motivated to maximise their support through excellent stewardship
- Establish and manage the community and events budget, including regular monitoring of income and expenditure
- Oversee GWAAC’s merchandise, including seasonal campaigns, and community fundraising materials to ensure maximum income generation is achieved
- Review and develop supporter care processes, procedures and guidelines in order to ensure that fundraisers receive the highest level of support and to maximise their engagement.
- Develop strategies to increase the number of event participants, and the amount of income per person raised
- Research, pilot and evaluate new challenges, sporting events or community events
- Provide strong leadership and management to the Community Fundraising team and Fundraising Administrator, providing coaching, mentoring, guidance and support to ensure they are encouraged and motivated to achieve success
- Staying up to date with latest fundraising and data protection regulations and take responsibility for ensuring community fundraising activity is compliant
Working relationships, contacts and expectations
- Work across the charity and clinical crew to create a collaborative approach to community fundraising and to spread greater awareness of GWAAC.
- Work closely with the fundraising and communications teams to promote and generate opportunities and to maximise income generation.
- Forge close working relationships with GWAAC volunteers in order to utilize skills and resources available.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Significant fundraising experience for a registered charity and experience of building effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Computer literate with experience of using a CRM system to produce succinct and informative reports
- Excellent communication and written skills with an ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations and engage/network with a wide range of audiences confidently, and prepare persuasive proposals and accurate reports.
- Experience of leading others to achieve targets, managing projects and balancing multiple priorities as well as experience of budget setting and monitoring with good analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and establish good working relationships at all levels, demonstrating awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs
To Apply and For More Information:
Click on the Apply button and attach your CV and Cover Letter this will be sent automatically to us. Please read the Job Description before applying.
No agencies please.