Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Housing for Women is a London based Charity and Housing Association providing over 900 homes for women and their families as well housing and specialist support for women who are escaping domestic abuse, been trafficked or released from prison.
- To maximise Housing for Women’s income through supporting the implementation and monitoring of our fundraising work, working within budgets to raise funds so that targets are met or exceeded and in line with any emerging and evolving needs.
- To identify, research, apply for and secure funding opportunities, including events, legacies, and individual donors.
- Maximise income building relationships with existing and potential community supporters to develop resilient community neighbourhoods
- Effective co-ordination and support of fundraising campaigns and donor contact
- To oversee the development of the Volunteer Programmes within the organisation.
1. Strategy and Planning
- Supporting the implementation of the Fundraising Strategy in line with the Business Plan to ensure that Housing for Women raises a significant annual sum from a range of income streams
- Manage and monitor fundraising budget and financial targets
- Regular reporting to the Fundraising Manager Executive Team on progress and outcomes and providing information to funders and evaluators as required.
- Actively seek new opportunities for funding across all funding streams undertaking competitor analysis and research into potential funding opportunities.
- Develop new bids in line with the funding requirements of our Fundraising Strategy.
- Researching and developing high quality applications for funding, liaising closely with colleagues in Supported Housing.
- Develop and maintain a system of monitoring and evaluation of Grant Funded projects for presentation to both the funders and internally
- Maintain effective relationships with funders e.g. through meetings, email and submission of monitoring reports to improve our reputation as a desirable charity to work with and encourage longer-term partnerships.
3. Other fundraising activities
- Provide support to the Fundraising Manager and Director of Supported Housing with statutory funding bids.
- Coordinate fundraising events in the community e.g. Challenge events
- Lead on new initiatives including legacies and regular giving.
- Coordinate fundraising activities carried out at a local level e.g. refuges.
- Maintain a fundraising database with details of all donors and fundraising activity.
- Work closely with the Communications Officer to maximise all PR and communications opportunities in respect of our current and prospective funders including publicising our work on Housing for Women’s website and through social media.
4. Volunteer Programme
- Provide support and supervision to the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- Play a key role in the development of the Volunteer Scheme within the organization.
- Oversee the development and delivery of Housing for Women’s Volunteer Strategy.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with other departments within the organisation especially Supported Housing and Finance.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an effective Fundraising section of the website in collaboration with the Communications Officer and the Fundraising team.
- Undertake any other relevant duties or projects delegated by the line manager which are in line with the responsibilities of the post.
- Show willingness and ability to work outside normal office hours/flexibly in response to changing organisational needs.
- To act in accordance with the aims of Housing for Women and in line with our Values
- To promote and implement Housing for Women’s Equal Opportunities Policy and other polices adopted by the Board.
Key result areas
- Bringing in new funding from various fundraising streams including corporates, major donors, legacy and individual giving.
- Securing gifts and donations.
- Increasing of voluntary income year on year.
- Excellent working relationships maintained and developed with key funders to ensure future support.
- Excellent monitoring and evaluation for funders and organisational use.
- Effective management of the volunteer programme.
- To act in accordance with the aims of Housing for Women.
- Attend meetings, conferences, courses and training sessions as required
- To undertake other duties reasonably expected of the post
- To attend occasional evening and weekend meetings and events.
Role Experience, Knowledge and Skills Profile
- Good standard of education to at least A level standard
- Experience in a fundraising role; understanding the principles of trusts and statutory fundraising
- Evidence of significant fundraising from a variety of sources
- Evidenced expertise and experience in the application process for grants Evidenced experience in building relationships with and stewarding key funders
- Educated to graduate level
- Experience of working with corporate donors and accessing pro bono opportunities
- Experience of managing volunteers/volunteer programme
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector, including funding issues and opportunities
- Knowledge of grant giving bodies Understanding of managing volunteers/volunteer programme
- Understanding of the housing sector
- Understanding of gender based violence
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the presence and authority required to speak at senior levels
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Strong planning and ability to deliver to deadlines
- Computer literate particularly Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good level of numeracy and ability to produce financial information, budgets and monitoring reports.
- Strong 'people skills' for building relationships and networking with external stakeholders, team members, colleagues and key contacts
- Strategic thinker with the ability to multi task
Experience of staff management
- Experience working with the Salesforce fundraising database.
- Experience organising fundraising events.
Personal style and behaviour
- A genuine and enthusiastic commitment to the Values, Vision and Objectives of Housing for Women and the projects it supports
- Diligent, with a particular regard for attention to detail