Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
An opportunity to provide a vital supporting role to a small, friendly and dynamic Fundraising Team. The role involves various fundraising and communications activities which contribute to maximising income and raising the profile of the Society. Duties and responsibilities include:
Administration and Fundraising
- Undertaking all aspects of the receipt, batching, checking, logging and banking of donations to the Society.
- Liaising with Finance Officer to process donations and other fundraising income in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and developing the supporter database of donors and volunteers; ensuring that supporter details and contact histories are updated.
- Thanking donors via letter, email and phone.
- Running regular reports to identify lapsed donors.
- Supporting the External Relations Manager with collating data for internal and external reporting.
Communications and Marketing
- Daily management of social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook) working alongside the Fundraising Team.
- Updating and devising content for the Society’s website.
- Supporting the collation and writing of content for supporter newsletters via email and post.
- Occasionally attending external events as a representative of the Society.
- Attending and contributing to team meetings.
- Collaborating with colleagues on the fundraising and communications activity of the Society as and when required.
Knowledge and Experience required
- Understanding of the principles of good customer care and the accountabilities of a charity to its donors, supporters and volunteers.
- Computer literate and confident using all MS Office software and databases.
- Experience of maintaining databases.
- Knowledge and/or experience of updating website content.
- Familiarity with all social media platforms.
- Understanding the core principles of tax efficiency in relation to fundraising.
- Understanding of the best stewardship principles and techniques
- Understanding of data protection principles, confidentiality and fundraising legal framework.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate with a diverse range of people.
- Planning and organising - prioritising and allocating time and resources effectively
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.